Bike blowing smoke...

Bikes got a full yosh exh, 3x3 mod, jet kit, k@n filter... Seemed fine for a few months didn't pop at all, now there's slot of black residue around the muffler... Running rich seems like

Your title says it's blowing smoke, what color is the smoke black, white, blue?

Black usually means it's running rich.

White usually means it's burning antifreeze.

Blue usually means it's burning oil.

Black carbon is normal its a sign its running right . Also what the prevoius guy said! Well mine pushes white smoke out when its first atarted ib the morning when its cold as a ice cube. This will just be moisture in the pipe nothing to worry about . Check water level and oil daily

What is your jetting

Does it burn oil .. Exceedingly .

What is your jetting

Does it burn oil .. Exceedingly .

My 5000 mile E burns oil, my 20000 SM doesn't (it got the CW BBK about 7000 miles ago). What is acceptable oil consumption in say, ml per 100 miles?

Not to hijack, sorry.

Usulally black smoke, I can wipe my finger inside the pipe and it's covered in black... Whys is it running rich now and was fine a few months ago... I did adjust the valves does that have anything to do with it ?

Usulally black smoke, I can wipe my finger inside the pipe and it's covered in black... Whys is it running rich now and was fine a few months ago... I did adjust the valves does that have anything to do with it ?

Some black residue is normal, stick your finger in any vehicles exhaust and it will come out black, it's just carbon a byproduct of combustion.

Post up your jetting if you know it, and your elevation, hopefully it's just a simple jetting change.

Adjusting your valves to spec won't cause your bike to emit black smoke, a little puff now and then is no big deal...

I would too be interested what your current jetting is,....also list what pipe (whether open or corked) and approximate riding altitude..

What fuel are you using?

No one has asked yet but what type of riding are you doing?

If it has been off road in dusty conditions, when is the last time you cleaned your air cleaner?

I don't do any off roading... I'm not sure whst jetting is in if I bought it already jetted.. Full yosh exhaust 3x3 mod, k&n filter

Best to verify the jetting , to assume its correct is only an assumption .

Verify jetting first. Flat back residue is normal, glossy black is a sign it's rich

Best to verify the jetting , to assume its correct is only an assumption .

Verify jetting first. Flat back residue is normal, glossy black is a sign it's rich

Right On...!!!...Exactly, never presume anything when it comes to jetting....