Sign in to follow this  

Front fork adjustment

I was thinking of getting some stiffer springs and thicker fork oil. Has anyone done this upgrade or have found that the front forks are too soft?

It's for my 2009 klx 250s

Depends on your weight really, there sprung for about 68kg out of the factory. For me there under sprung and I'm about to do this my self. Don't put up with suspension that is wrong for one second more than you have too. i would ask some advice in the suspension section about what springs to get

I ride a KLX300 and it was undersprung in the front and over sprung in the rear. Race Tech web site has a calculator in which you provide the information and it spits out the proper spring for your riding style. I would really be careful about increasing the viscosity of the fluid as it doesnt take much to make them feel stiff and harsh feeling. My local suspension guy put in .42kg springs and increased the height of the oil in the tubes to accomplish what I wanted in a ride.  

Weighing in at about 200 lbs here with a 3.7 gallon Acerbis tank and other dual-sport add-ons for increased bike weight.  My local dirt bike shop worked with Race Tech for heavier springs in forks and shock.  Great improvement.  We then added Race Tech gold valves to the forks which made a huge improvement, especially in the whoops where the stock setup would not rebound fast enough (thicker oil would make this worse I assume).

I forgot to mention that I also put the gold valves in my front forks as well as the heavier springs. It made a huge difference.

I was thinking of getting some stiffer springs and thicker fork oil. Has anyone done this upgrade or have found that the front forks are too soft?

It's for my 2009 klx 250s

Hi,

Did you find some stiffer springs, finally ???

I pretty much run 5w in everything.  Sounds like you need stiffer springs.  Follow the advise of these guys here. 

Hi,

In fact i weight 176 lbs and the fork springs of my 2009 KLX 250 S are way too soft.

I contacted Race Tech but they don't have stiffer springs. I went to the moto-pro suspension site, found that i needed some 0.42kg/mm. I called John by phone and he said me to send him an email with what i needed (fork and schock springs), and and my adress to calculate the total price, including shipping to France. I never had any reply, even i sent the email back 2 or 3 times. I suppose he can't get those springs..

By any chance do you know another site where i can order 0.42 springs for the KLX???

You wouldnt happen to be bill blue would you?

Sorry but English is not my mother language, what is "Bill Blue"???

Regards

Rob

Bill Blue is a guy here in my home town who builds big bore kits for the klx 250/300s. He also has performed modifications of all sorts to the 250s since that is what he and his wife ride. It might be worth your time to contact him and see if he can help you sort out the problems you are experiencing.  BANDBCYCLERESTORATION.COM  is the web address I have

Bill Blue is a guy here in my home town who builds big bore kits for the klx 250/300s. He also has performed modifications of all sorts to the 250s since that is what he and his wife ride. It might be worth your time to contact him and see if he can help you sort out the problems you are experiencing.  BANDBCYCLERESTORATION.COM  is the web address I have

OK, Thanks a lot !!!

I gonna contact him.

I allready made the marcellino mod, derestrited the bike, took out the catalyst, and made the exhaust tip diameter larger. In europe the KLX 250 is EFI, so no need to rejet..

Thanks again.

Regards.

Rob

By any chance do you know another site where i can order 0.42 springs for the KLX???

Regards

Rob

Cannonracecraft.com will make you any spring to any dimension. You will have to know what the length, inside diameter and outside diameter of the spring as well as the weigh you want. They are reasonably priced and fast. I got my front springs from them and I'm really happy with them.

No reply from cannonracecraft, i sent them another e-mail today..I'll let you know.

No reply from cannonracecraft, i sent them another e-mail today..I'll let you know.

Did you call them? Just call the number on their web site.

In fact, no. I sent them an e-mail. English is not my mother language, and speaking is more difficult for me than writing, but i'll try to call them.

Thanks

Rob

Ah they didn't respond to my email except with an order. They did answer all my questions by phone.

They are in Oklahoma so I'm not sure English is their first language either!

Called them yesterday, and that's OK. I ordered a pair of fork springs and the shock spring, by phone. Nice guy on the phone, and no understanding problems :thumbsup:

Called them yesterday, and that's OK. I ordered a pair of fork springs and the shock spring, by phone. Nice guy on the phone, and no understanding problems :thumbsup:

Great I was very pleased with their service and springs I received.