Oil at the top of the sight glass?

Yesterday I changed the oil and filled it to the middle of the sight glass. Left it sit over night and when I checked it today to go riding, the fuggin thing was clear full now... So now I'm worried if I have to much oil in the motor now. Should I drain some from the smaller drain plug?? Idk what to do.. Pisses me off so bad cause it says to fill to middle of sight glass an u can't even go by the sight glass from what I heard. So please can somebody help me out here... Drain oil out or leave it go and take a chance???

Is your bike at the same angle as it was when it was in the middle of the glass?

Only thing I don't like so far about my kawi's.

For piece of mind always measure your oil before filling.  Using sight glass to determine correct oil level will cause you to over/under fill.

Only thing I don't like so far about my kawi's.

For piece of mind always measure your oil before filling. Using sight glass to determine correct oil level will cause you to over/under fill.

With any bike. Always measure before pouring, and if you change the filter, put about 75% of the oil in, run it, then check level and adjust...

Okay thanks

I have allways run my 450 with the oil towards the top of the sight glass.

If its over the top then drain off a bit. 

The engine will pump it out of the breather if its a bit over. 

All the sight glass is for you to see your bike has actually got oil in it will change level frequently depending if the bikes hot or cold or wer the oil is in the engine at the time becouse of the angle of the bike never measure your oil by this oil sight glass use a manual to tell you how much to put in then it makes the job a lot easy and saves you causing any damage to the engine becouse of lack of oil etc

Thanks guys I appreciate it. So ur saying if it's over filled I should drain it from the smaller drain plug?

I f you want do do it properly you should drain it all out and re-ad 1 litre if your still checking the level of the oil threw the window sight good look becouse you will def get the wrong reading

im sure its fine, me and my buddy both have a 12kx450. both changed oil Friday night put same amount of oil in and his sight glass was completely full everytime we looked, and we rode all weekend. my bike was on the lower end of the sight glass. both ran fine

Just drain a bit off if its over the sight glass.