Sign in to follow this  

1990 Cr 125 problems

First off im brand new to this site, just found it! Site looks awesome cant wait to talk to new riders! Second, my buddy just got this 1990 cr 125 for $250 and the guy that sold it to him had to compression start it. so since my buddy doesnt know much about dirt bikes he asked me to help him out cause he knows that i ride, but im not very experienced with workin on em. So i was looking at it, tried starting it, it turns over but wont start. so after i looked at it for a while his neighbor comes out and looks at it and takes it to his garage and takes the spark plug out and we find out it had been getting flooded every time we try and start it. So he takes it off, cleans and dries it and puts it back in and it started up first kick. then it bogged down again and we found out the hose that goes from the fuel tank to the carb has a kink in it.

My questions are:

1. How do i fix the kink in the hose?

2. How come the spark plug is getting flooded?

3 Any other suggestions to get this thing runnin?

Any info is great!

Thanks,

Chandler

Sounds like the air fuel mix is off. The carb probably needs a cleaning if its been sitting, but you should put a fresh plug in there and rejet it.

#1  Buy a new hose.  

#2  Go through the carb.  Float is probably sticking causing excess fuel to pour into the cylinder.  How long has the bike been sitting?  Probably should replace the jets.

#3  Use a new plug.  Once the plug is fouled, cleaning it may not be enough.

Start with the simple things first.  Get a manual for the bike.  It will tell you everything you need to know.

• Like 1

#1  Buy a new hose.  

#2  Go through the carb.  Float is probably sticking causing excess fuel to pour into the cylinder.  How long has the bike been sitting?  Probably should replace the jets.

#3  Use a new plug.  Once the plug is fouled, cleaning it may not be enough.

Start with the simple things first.  Get a manual for the bike.  It will tell you everything you need to know.

+1