2013 CRF 450R rear spring….Steel or titanium

Is the stock spring steel or titanium for the '13 crf 450?

Steel, only the Yamaha bikes came with titanium springs....

Edited by originalmonk

Motoxjeff have you rode that yamaha yet?

Motoxjeff have you rode that yamaha yet?

YES!  Let me make a quick comparison.  Last night I just broke the bike in at the track, and have .9 on the engine meter.  .7 of that was at about half throttle.

The YZ is an absolute BEAST in the engine department.  It is deceptively fast, and pulls really far.  I was over jumping stuff because I was used to the 'honda' power.  In the Loam, it actually wheeled when I pulled it back and hooked up.  This is a hole-shot Monster.

I'm still working on the suspension (coming from the air fork on the '13 CRF 450R).  The honda is a lighter feeling bike, and corners better no doubt.  I really liked the air fork, it was very plush.  The only thing I didn't like about the air fork is that I was blowing seals like crazy, and the pre-ride check, mid ride check, of air, etc.  The air fork is actually a beautiful thing, I just couldn't afford the maintenance.  lol

The '14 YZ 450F beats it in every other category though.  I'm considering a change in offset if ride engineering comes out with something as far as triple clamps are concerned.  For whatever reason (I already switched the front to a Bridgestone 203) the front wanted to push a 'tiny' bit in corners.  The YZ is also a very 'stable' bike in the air and on the ground.  Gives you confidence.

This is a just quick initial impression.  Both bikes are great in capable hands, and however you like your bikes set-up.

Yeah I like the air forks also. I have had no issues with leaking at all or blown seals. I might switch to yamaha in the spring

seems like a yama commercial in here ... 

Yup not worth it w those clunky transmissions i rode a 14 yamaha 450 and didnt like it at all its got to much motor your not hookin up as much as hondas top heavy and def no where as good as the honda handles but then again everyone has different prefrences to each his own

Yup not worth it w those clunky transmissions i rode a 14 yamaha 450 and didnt like it at all its got to much motor your not hookin up as much as hondas top heavy and def no where as good as the honda handles but then again everyone has different prefrences to each his own

A Yamaha has a clunky transmission? W....T....

06-08 yz450 came with ti shock spring & foot pegs. It's cool only if it's the right spring for your weight. The blown seals on your 13 Honda will happen on your yz too, your getting nicks on your lower tubes from the roost in front of you. If you don't buff them out right your seals will leak air or no air. The 14 yz forks are really good right out of the box had a 7,8,10,buddy has a 14 yz best of pack (yz).It's still really tall,you still can't stick it in the corner as hard as you can on a Honda,the motor is really good after remap (mxa settings).If I was going to buy a 14 I'd still get the Honda it just has a better feel to it (to me).They all feel slow compared to my 13, but it's not stock.

Edited by galligar