Sign in to follow this  

1996 YZ250 Manual

Hello fella's,

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get my hands on a 1996 yz 250 manual?

Have a very long holiday coming up so I went and and brought an old beat up YZ.

My mechanical experience is extremely limited however I want to learn :D

I plan on stripping down to a bare frame and giving everything a freshen up.

Any advice before I start out would be much appreciated!

Thanks heaps guys!

Theres this thing called google. It's pretty useful.

Was hoping that maybe some of you had found free online versions or cheap sites to purchase them from...

Thanks for being condescending...

I bought a 1998 yz 250 manual from trade bit.com

It was 5$-it downloaded straight to my phone&i uploaded it to the wifes kindle,then to my tablet.lol I don't go anywhere without my phone so I ALWAYS have a manual with me!lmao

Not that its needed,but could easily hook it up to computer&print it out to paper.

It's not free,but for 5$ its close.

I bought a 1998 yz 250 manual from trade bit.com

It was 5$-it downloaded straight to my phone&i uploaded it to the wifes kindle,then to my tablet.lol I don't go anywhere without my phone so I ALWAYS have a manual with me!lmao

Not that its needed,but could easily hook it up to computer&print it out to paper.

It's not free,but for 5$ its close.

Thank you!!

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Seems mine is $15 though lol

Thank you!!

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Seems mine is $15 though lol

I just looked it up also,but that doesn't look like a 96's plastics does it? I thought 96 had same looking plastics as my 98????

The picture of the bike shown looks like my 94'.

It'll be fine.I like mine& way cheaper than ordering it thru barnes&knobles like my buddy did for his 83 TT600! It took a week to get it &was just shy of 40$

Is it any different to the paper copy? 

Are the pictures clear?

can you cntrl + f things in it?

Thanks heaps mate :D

I'm not sure if it's actually any different than a paper-back manual,but mine is black&white pictures that on my phone I just enlarge to view fine detail,but on my tablet its 8"screen&very clear. I just tore my bike down&swapped out to a blue frame(old frame had been welded at left foot peg) &needed the manual to properly re-route the throttle cable. Ive read thru most all of it&everything I've wanted to know has been in the manual,just have to do a lil'reading to find it.

I'm happy I bought it.

Btw,I'm computer illiterate & I dont know about the cntrl f thing you mentioned.lol

I'm not sure if it's actually any different than a paper-back manual,but mine is black&white pictures that on my phone I just enlarge to view fine detail,but on my tablet its 8"screen&very clear. I just tore my bike down&swapped out to a blue frame(old frame had been welded at left foot peg) &needed the manual to properly re-route the throttle cable. Ive read thru most all of it&everything I've wanted to know has been in the manual,just have to do a lil'reading to find it.

I'm happy I bought it.

Btw,I'm computer illiterate & I dont know about the cntrl f thing you mentioned.lol

Thanks heaps!

Think I'll buy this one if i can't get my hands on a cheap paper one soon.

Did you check the Yamaha FAQ section?  There are links in there somewhere for a free download but I'm not sure they go back to '96.

Did you check the Yamaha FAQ section?  There are links in there somewhere for a free download but I'm not sure they go back to '96.

Yeah mate I did :)

they don't go that far back :(