Sign in to follow this  

Mx'ing my dr250, needless to say susp. Issues

Any cheap and easy ways to beef up my dr 250s suspension ? I am interested in putting a dirt model shock and forks on there, but I worry about just buying another blown out shock that needs rebuilt, I'm somewhat handy but I have no experience with rebuilding the shock and forks.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383223087.966163.jpg

This my sound silly but i managed to beef up my xl 185 folks by finding the right size car valve springs to use as preload spacers, but had to use a little less folk oil because of the extra room taken up by the springs. Worked for me. For the rear shock, maybe a stiffer spring?

Any cheap and easy ways to beef up my dr 250s suspension ? I am interested in putting a dirt model shock and forks on there, but I worry about just buying another blown out shock that needs rebuilt, I'm somewhat handy but I have no experience with rebuilding the shock and forks.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383223087.966163.jpg

You are my hero in this picture! Lol I'm researching swapping over rm suspension to my 98 dr350.

Lol thanks man. I gave up on the dr sold it last weekend. Just got a crf250r. The dr was just soo heavy and was going to need a refreshed top end, rebuilt suspension. Too much , I sold it and got something else.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397823709.037358.jpg