Sign in to follow this  

FTE radial master cylinder

Hi.

Can you tell me what is the difference between two FTE radial master cylinder?I would like to buy to Beringer 6pit caliper. 

$T2eC16VHJH4FHcuFvnzcBS,lL4BP(g~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJIMFHJDGKGKDBS,0gdM+Lg~~60_57.JPG

It's hard to tell from the photos. But one looks to have a larger diameter piston actuator. If that means it has a larger piston. Then you would have to decide on how much mechanical advantage you want. A 6 pot is going to need more fluid flow and would provide quite a lot of mechanical advantage. So I'd start with the larger piston and go from there.

The flip side is that maybe the larger piston master is more suited to a bike with two calipers. If that's the case. Then the smaller piston master would be a better place to start.

It's hard to tell from the photos. But one looks to have a larger diameter piston actuator. If that means it has a larger piston. Then you would have to decide on how much mechanical advantage you want. A 6 pot is going to need more fluid flow and would provide quite a lot of mechanical advantage. So I'd start with the larger piston and go from there.

The flip side is that maybe the larger piston master is more suited to a bike with two calipers. If that's the case. Then the smaller piston master would be a better place to start.

The berringer 6 pot supermoto caliper only requires a 12mm master.  I got the "kit" from berringer for my KTM and their 6pot caliper came with the 12mm bore radial master.  Also for my other bike with a braking caliper, it has less pistons but larger diameter I went with a magura 195 13mm bore.  Brake feel is softer but still pretty good.  The 6 pot berringer uses small pistons and doesnt need a larger bore master to move the fluid. 

9147650718_d9ce458db2_c.jpg

9145392361_e803f8d3d0_b.jpg

• Like 1

The Beringer BRO12 and BR12 have 17,5mm piston.

Wow you are right Vega!  When i ordered it i must have been misinformed!  I stand corrected!  Thanks for catching me on that.  Im amazed its that big.  I just read a description that says it offers a soft pull.  Mine is solid as a rock!  I guess i just figured the 12 was a 12mm bore.  odd way to number it.

Edited by shift1313