Sign in to follow this  

Considering a husaberg but have a few concerns

So i have recently been looking at getting a new bike and have been looking at the ktms. However, now that I've seen the husabergs I really like them, however with this being the last year if the brand, if I buy a 13 or 14, how hard will it be to find parts for them in the future? I plan in keeping this bike for quite some time. The closest dealer is ~1 hour away as well so that is also a slight issue for me. I'm specifically looking at the TE300 if that matters at all.

I agree, I have a 2012 te300 and so far all I need to do is buy 2012 300 xc-w parts and everything fits. Some after market co. are getting better about listing the berg parts.

So if I purchased a 13 or 14 300 what year would it coincide with?

13 or 14. The design of the husaberg isn't going anywhere, if you look at the new husqvarnas, you will notice that they are just a white colored husaberg. The plastics are the same, same poly subframe, same engines. The only thing that is different is that the husqvarnas have the 4cs forks and a linkage rear suspension. The husabergs have the 4cs forks, but have the pds rear suspension (newest models).

Edited by screnshaw400

I would think that if the parts are KTM then they will have the exact same defects as well.

I haven't had an issue with the throttle sticking but your mileage may very.

Throttle issue is just the upper half of the throttle housing and should be fixed before you pick up a bike, 13 models only. It's a 300 two stroke, I don't see where a dealer not being next door is an issue but I'm used to being an hour away from everything.

Any other thoughts? There are only 3 of these left in the state that I can find, and they are 2-3 hours away. I think the husaberg is the bike for me but my time to pick one up is running out! Decisions decisions!

Any other thoughts? There are only 3 of these left in the state that I can find, and they are 2-3 hours away. I think the husaberg is the bike for me but my time to pick one up is running out! Decisions decisions!

. Get it you won't be sorry. The burg is a great bike but I'm waiting for one that is a little more Husky and a little less KTM

Put the deposit down today! Gotta drive up the next week or two to check it out and talk about price. Gonna have to wait till Christmas to ride it though! This is gonna be the longest month and a half ever!

• Like 1

Put the deposit down today! Gotta drive up the next week or two to check it out and talk about price. Gonna have to wait till Christmas to ride it though! This is gonna be the longest month and a half ever!

I bought the 2014 TE300.....worth every penny! I haven't ridden a smoker in a few years and forgot how fun they are. This bike is a beast! Plus now that I'm older and lazier the electric start and kick stand are very nice to have.

Almost every part is a ktm part or a ktm part with a husaberg logo, they are easy to get parts for.

I keep reading people saying this, but I also have heard that Husaberg takes the KTM engine and does a bit of porting on it to get more torque out of it. That being said the KTM parts all match up with the Berg.  You shouldn't have any issues finding 300 parts, whether you have the KTM, Husaber, or Husky version