Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE HELP 2006 KLX WONT START!

I bought a 2006 klx 125 a while back (maybe 2 or 3 months) it was wrecked pretty bad exhaust and mount broken off i have repaired it and re attached the exhaust making the overall exhaust shorter and custom mounting it upside down and it ran like a little beast started first or second kick. but i let it sit for 3 days now it wont start. it leaks gas out the overflow tube ONLY when being kicked. i drained the gas put fresh in, changed the spark plug, checked valve clearances, cleaned and recleaned the carb. adjusted the float shut off rubber needle thing (and it helped a little with the gas leaking). and checked and cleaned the air filter. im going to try to check timing chain slack. it will start but has to be pushed down a hill and play with the throttle till it goes. even when warm it wont start it runs once started but wont high rev and cuts out. i am at a loss im trying to fix it up for my little brother i got a new tire for it and fixed the clutch i dont know whats up with it it seems to be flooding and gets to lean or something at higher RPM. it never really idled only when cold did it idle i run only premiumlb_icon1.png and do regular oil changes. i did run some 2 stroke gas about 50:1 ratio (1996 RM 250 blew up :*(    ) Thank you for reading and i appreciate the help.