Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE HELP 2006 KLX 125 WONT START!

I bought a 2006 klx 125 a while back (maybe 2 or 3 months) it was wrecked pretty bad exhaust and mount broken off i have repaired it and re attached the exhaust making the overall exhaust shorter and custom mounting it upside down and it ran like a little beast started first or second kick. but i let it sit for 3 days now it wont start. it leaks gas out the overflow tube ONLY when being kicked. i drained the gas put fresh in, changed the spark plug, checked valve clearances, cleaned and recleaned the carb. adjusted the float shut off rubber needle thing (and it helped a little with the gas leaking). and checked and cleaned the air filter. im going to try to check timing chain slack. it will start but has to be pushed down a hill and play with the throttle till it goes. even when warm it wont start it runs once started but wont high rev and cuts out. i am at a loss im trying to fix it up for my little brother i got a new tire for it and fixed the clutch i dont know whats up with it it seems to be flooding and gets to lean or something at higher RPM. it never really idled only when cold did it idle i run only premiumlb_icon1.png and do regular oil changes. i did run some 2 stroke gas about 50:1 ratio (1996 RM 250 blew up :*(    ) Thank you for reading and i appreciate the help. 

Did i read that correctly.  You put pre-mix in a four stroke?  If so, that is the issue.  You will need to take the carb out, clean it up and remove all the pre-mix from it, empty the tank of all the s stroke gas, fluch out the fuel line, and then refill with fresh straight gas.  Check your plug also.  If its all black, then it will need to be cleaned or replaced.

Did i read that correctly. You put pre-mix in a four stroke? If so, that is the issue. You will need to take the carb out, clean it up and remove all the pre-mix from it, empty the tank of all the s stroke gas, fluch out the fuel line, and then refill with fresh straight gas. Check your plug also. If its all black, then it will need to be cleaned or replaced.

you can run premix in 4ts. Hell my buddy runs 50:1 In his bike all the time, it's a 4t.

Did i read that correctly.  You put pre-mix in a four stroke?  If so, that is the issue.  You will need to take the carb out, clean it up and remove all the pre-mix from it, empty the tank of all the s stroke gas, fluch out the fuel line, and then refill with fresh straight gas.  Check your plug also.  If its all black, then it will need to be cleaned or replaced.

it ran fine on the pre mix and have never had problems running it in any other four stroke and besides I already did all of that and have a new spark plug and still nothing. ive done everything I can think of

Edited by Kawasaki_Rider

you asked for advice but wont take it? If its a 4t stop putting premix in it its going to fowl the plug super fast and your just chucking away money,

Back to the issue, sounds to me you have a electrical issue. Check your stator values and all your connectors, cdi could be bad also. Do a visual check for weak spark, good luck

You might want to check the float in the carb. if it leaks when you try to kick it over that is not normal. I know you said you checked the level but maybe the float itself is bad.  I am kind of with the other responders to the topic, why do you find it necessary to run premix in your 4-stroke ?