Sign in to follow this  

Looking at KDX 200

the bike is 95. It looks clean for it's age. here is what the add said. Kawasaki KDX 200 2 Stroke. Ready to ride no problems and clean. Has some good upgrades on it. Fast and reliable. Can you still get parts for a bike this old? He is asking a $1000.  I'm also looking at a 2000 125 for $1100. It's in another post in this section. I'm a new rider and would be doing 50/50 trails and track. Any thoughts on this bike?

00E0E_97eyqNsiShg_600x450.jpg00o0o_kkHTJ9RHJ5v_600x450.jpg

Edited by gmurr

Just found out bike has pro taper bars, fmf exhaust kit, asv handles. Said it was his sons bike and he is away at school.

Just found out bike has pro taper bars, fmf exhaust kit, asv handles. Said it was his sons bike and he is away at school.

That bike is missing some very important parts which always makes me wonder. I would want to ride it and look it over in great detail. The KDX is a great bike and $1000 is a good price if it does not need major surgery. Be careful.

He said he would take $800 for it.

That bike is missing some very important parts which always makes me wonder. I would want to ride it and look it over in great detail. The KDX is a great bike and $1000 is a good price if it does not need major surgery. Be careful.

What parts is it missing that you can see?

Thanks

Fork guards which hold the brake line properly, headlight, rear fender lights to start. When I see a bike for sale that the owner does not care about  parts like are essential, I wonder about what care it received.

Not even stock forks. Probably from an old KX.

KDX's are good bikes for sure but they are trail bikes. That one looks like someone tried making it a wanna be MX bike and that's reason enough right there to check it over VERY carefully. Bring someone along who knows bikes to check it out good for you. If it's decent it would be a better bike for a beginner than the 125 would.

I agree with everything the previous people said, If they didn't want to replace those parts then what is going to make them want to do simple maintenance on a timely basis? May not be true but it's what I think when I see a bike missing a lot of stuff on it. I would look at something else.

It looks like they did not finish the fork mod.  the stock headlight won't work with the usd forks as well as the odo.  Make sure the steering stops align or the handlebars will hit the tank.

There are better deals out there. Looks like a moto wannabe, meaning it wasnt used the way the manufacturer intended, you can figure out the rest.

Edited by ickfinger