Sign in to follow this  

Help me choose a supermoto (400 vs 520)

Hey guys hope the mods don't mind me posting the same question twice. I wanted to make sure the beta guys saw my question as well.

I'm looking at the 2014 Betas for a street only supermoto bike. The reason I'm considering a 400 over the 520 is any motor under 401cc here in BC falls under the cheapest insurance bracket which are already high enough. I don't mind paying extra if the 520 (498cc I think) is overall more suitable/reliable on the street being less stressed.

I don't plan any extended highway, I'm looking for a city bike to pair with my sport bike and I've had a 510 SMR that I loved last summer.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Hey guys hope the mods don't mind me posting the same question twice. I wanted to make sure the beta guys saw my question as well.

I'm looking at the 2014 Betas for a street only supermoto bike. The reason I'm considering a 400 over the 520 is any motor under 401cc here in BC falls under the cheapest insurance bracket which are already high enough. I don't mind paying extra if the 520 (498cc I think) is overall more suitable/reliable on the street being less stressed.

I don't plan any extended highway, I'm looking for a city bike to pair with my sport bike and I've had a 510 SMR that I loved last summer.

Any advice would be great thanks.

I'm jaded as I owned a Aprilia SXV/RXV for a couple of years.

But if it were me, I'd go big. There IS no replacement for displacement, especially on the street, more wheelies and smiles per miles. Those sticky soft SM tires suck up the horsepower, especially when you're slidin!

I wouldn't think twice about it.  520 over a 400 for "street only" any day.

• Like 2