Sign in to follow this  

Moto - A sickness or a disease or is it just in our blood?

Im at school right now Im 23 going to college part time.  Anyways Im typing this from the library with my headphones in and listening to 10 minutes of 2 strokes on youtube its a video done by mxptv, no music, no talking just 2 strokes hammering the track.  I put the headphones in and turned this up to drown out all the chatter and talking and giggling going on around me so I could focus on the notes and powerpoints I was copying and studying. 

Who knew that 2 strokes hammering a track was less distracting than people chattering!?

So anyways its official im diseased or infected.  I knew that I have been for a long time now but this is just another example. 

Check out those videos on youtube, also if you haven't seen it check out Ryan Surrat on a yz125, I've watched it 4 times since last night im sure its posted up here somewhere, even if it is its worthy of a repost or ten. 

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUak8wQrK9k?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUak8wQrK9k?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

that's the two stroke vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUak8wQrK9k

and heres a link to the ryan surrat video....I was watching that and thinking is this real life?  Like no way, sent it to like 5 of my friends and all the replies were basically the same.  The kid is unreal. 

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000154510/videos/gopro-hero-3-ryan-surratt-2014-yamaha-yz125/

Edited by yz133rider

Genetic coding.

Enviroment can sway it somewhat, but it's in the genes.

+1

My fiance can't seem to figure out why I get pissy if I can't ride every weekend. ..or if Saturday is rained out and I have to go on Sunday which is the only day of the week we both have off...I think my mom got it through her head last night though, just hope it sticks!

• Like 2

My ladey thought I had a addiction, then I got the kids and her involved, I race, trail ride, deserts, mts, anywhere, and the kids want to race also. So it has become a lifestyle! No desires or addictions, it's just a way of life.

• Like 1

Starts as a hobby then passion then Obsession.

Ain't that the truth. It's all I think about 24/7. It might have something to do with why I can't keep a girlfriend... :thinking:

Oh well, riding is cheaper anyways.

• Like 3

I used to read magazine reviews like a religion, different suspension egronomics handling ect...

One day i was in bed with the ex missis

On the job and i had a thought..

SHES LIKE A SUZUKI!!!!

I knew i had a problem,

I hadnt ever ridden a suzuki!

Id call it more of a disease and I have moto fever! And that fever has seemed to plague my whole family getting my nieces nephews and cousins involved and ive even got my girlfriend itching to go watch races.

Ain't that the truth. It's all I think about 24/7. It might have something to do with why I can't keep a girlfriend... :thinking:

Oh well, riding is cheaper anyways

I told my wife 43 years ago before we got married the racing and bikes is not up for discussion and we ll miss you. Shes still here and does a hell of a job keeping with my gear and cleaning helmet liners,boots, goggles, everything. Its like I always tell her you ve got the easy job who has to do all the racin and ridin.