Sign in to follow this  

All 02-14 YZ 125/250 Guys - Seat Order

LSeca says about the same, maybe slightly stiffer.

I want one of these for my yz125! 

Are you going to place the order as soon as you have five people? 

If international postage is no problem put me down.

I am interested in one just waiting doing my research. I don't know know if I want a firmer seat foam.

I almost didn't notice this thread because it was stickied at the top of the page with the stuff I only look at when I am researching.

I'm in for one! We have several YZ's. So, if it is everything you say, I'll be ordering more!

Awesome, I need a full report when you guys get the set up. An actual weigh comparison to the stock would be nice to see as well (the whole point). I didn't know a seat was that heavy you could gain up to 2 lbs...

I hate to be the negative guy, but the seat foam itself on a 2012 yz125 probably doesn't even weigh 1 pound.  I just re-covered my son's seat and it doesn't weigh 2 lbs total.  How can you shave 1-2 lbs from seat foam?  What are you currently using for a seat?  A cinder block?

• Like 2

Is this a joke?    Save a pound for the same guys that replace everything with carbon fiber and then stop at

Wendy's for a double cheese on the way home.

Is this a joke?    Save a pound for the same guys that replace everything with carbon fiber and then stop at

The joke is your thought that rider weight affects how the bike handles the weight.

Is this a joke? Save a pound for the same guys that replace everything with carbon fiber and then stop at

I had McDonald....

• Like 1

Well, a stock YZ 250 seat weighs 3.3lbs or 1.5kg.....we will see if there is anything to be gained!

Posted Image

Empirical data!.... Awesome.

So much better then "I heard" "I read" "I think" etc....

Thank you!

• Like 1

Well, a stock YZ 250 seat weighs 3.3lbs or 1.5kg.....we will see if there is anything to be gained!

20131124_151105_zpsad657fe0.jpg

Plus the cover....and the pan, remove those before you weigh it!!  

Thats a lot of coin for some lighter foam by maybe 1 lb!

Sure its an upgrade, but dayum! 

I shave my seats anyhow since I am a pint sized rider so my seat will still weigh less that this one.  Once you pull the foam off the pan and the cover then weigh it, after that you will now how much it is even possible to save in weight. 

I could however see some of the 125 guys doing it, since they are usually shaving every ounce of their bikes..

I honestly didnt think the foam alone even weighed 2 lbs...actually I have a bike here that needs a seat shave, I will see if I can separate the foam and weigh tit by itself, then we will all know what the foam actually weighs.

So has anyone got the seat yet? I picture the weight gain to be 1-1.5 lbs tops...

Dunno what the SDG-ones weight, I can found out next time in the garage, they are said to be lighter than stock...