Sign in to follow this  

DR350 help

Hey guys, I got a DR350 recently and it was running beautifully until I ran it out of gas. I thought it was no problem, just fill it up with gas and off I go. We'll of course, it wasn't that simple. First, it wouldn't start unless it was on choke, and it run run at a high idle. I would try to take it off choke and it would die, even after it was warm. I ended up taking off the carb and cleaned the crap out of it, or at least I thought I did. After cleaning, I took I tout for a ride, rode it for about 20 minutes on fresh gas. Still ran like crap. It backfires and just runs like crap in general. I took it all apart yet again, and when I put it back together, I messed up the slide so the throttle takes a bit to get back to idle. Any suggestions to get it running better on a budget? Like I said, nothing was done besides running it out of gas and before it ran like crap. Any help is counts. Thanks guys!

a lean pilot setting or blocked pilot jet will cause that delay as revs drop to idle,as well as the poor starting/running

as you just ran out of gas i'd guess you sucked some crap from the tank into your carb and its blocked your pilot jet,

take it out and poke a bit of thin wire like a bread tie through it , hold it to the light and make sure you can see through it,

then put your carb back together and see how it goes

a lean pilot setting or blocked pilot jet will cause that delay as revs drop to idle,as well as the poor starting/running

as you just ran out of gas i'd guess you sucked some crap from the tank into your carb and its blocked your pilot jet,

take it out and poke a bit of thin wire like a bread tie through it , hold it to the light and make sure you can see through it,

then put your carb back together and see how it goes

I agree with pib's diagnosis. Also, remove the idle mixture screw and squirt carb cleaner through ALL the passages.

Alright guys, I took everything apart last night but wasn't able to start working on my carb yet, so once I get home from work, I'll start messing with it and clean the crap out of it. Thanks for the replies and I'll let you know what happens! By the way, tried to start it yesterday and No start. Didn't try starting fluid because I didn't really care to be honest. I assumed it was a mix between carb problem and it was cold.

Well guys, you know how every project goes. Got everything cleaned and ready to put back together. As absolutely was moving my mixture screw, the o ring and washer that is on the tip fell off. My question is is it necessary, and if so, where can I get a replacement?

Yeah, it's necessary. It might run without it but it probably won't idle reliably cause it will be pulling air there.

It's a tiny o ring. Not something you can find just anywhere. Dealer or maybe thisoldtractor.com

That o-ring is a tricky one, I bought a keyster carb kit and it came with the wrong size(too big), then I tried the smallest out of an o-ring kit, it was the right size but too fat, so I'm still using my mashed stock one for now until I can get the proper replacement.