California CA Race thread

I think there's enough of us around here now where we could use a thread for race-related topics/banter be it H&H's, Hare Scrambles, Enduros, GPs, MX whatever.  So here's our little place to post videos, results, talk shit, promote, and for new or prospective racers to ask questions  :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Anyone doing the GP this weekend?  Was thinking about it but I'm going riding with my 2 favorite riding pals (dad and old little league baseball coach/mentor/bails me out of mechanical issues/great family friend) instead....which is what I really wanted to do.  Might do desert daises in 2 weeks.  Depends if it gets rain or not.  Or if we decide to do a family desert camping trip instead.  Looking forward to 100's at the end of the month!!!!  

• Like 1

We have a ride planned on sat, your invited if you want, none of us are racing this weekend. Pm for details ( you said you wanted to go next time we went) ;)

The nhh is my next race, and immediately after tearing the kawi down for some much needed tlc

Edited by Tom_Riddle
  • Like 1

I might do a double header 100s weekend.  Do REM saturday and the national Sunday

Thought about the GP....for a second.  Never done a GP something about driving 2 hours to ride that crap prepped mx track and gorman for 45 minutes for $50 doesnt sound cool though.

So far doing Desert daisies scrambles, and100's. Skipping checkers dirt track race at california shitty. flat roads not my thing........

Maybe..maybe will hit Vikings GP at Pala if I need the points. Only cause they are gonna have the vet track open for practice can turn some laps after the race so the drive aint a waste.

I think they prep the track for the Prospectors GP. Honestly I was surprised they didnt prep it for the enduro

I heard the promoters of SRA kinda suck. Like its not run very well compared to district stuff? Any insight?

I heard the promoters of SRA kinda suck. Like its not run very well compared to district stuff? Any insight?

I thought it was done well when I was doing the series...  organized registration and they try really hard to maintain the time schedule.. So the two practices usually happen on time and they almost always started exactly when they were suppose to..

Now I haven't raced one for a couple years since I smashed myself into little pieces while racing a SRA race...

The only thing that I really ever noticed that could be considered a negative was the amount of sandbaggers.. I ended up racing the intermediate class and barely winning it .. I mean yeah Im admitting to being a bagger myself but if I wasn't there the other few guys would have been cleaning up .. we actually passed half the expert class and they leave the line 45 seconds before us.... same in all clases..One thing that's kind of cool id you never know who you might be racing against as lots of pros show up to get some laps in.. I got to race against Johnny Campbell several times and the rest of the JCR crew.. I would totally recommend racing it :thumbsup:  

Thanks for the offer but I only like to do real offroad stuff....like Enduros and H&H's. I've never felt fast enough to hang with intermediate level Moto guys on what is basically a glorified motocross race. And I don't like the whole class thing where anyone can race any class unchecked. That's the one good thing about AMA events that if you are a carded intermediate or whatever...you have to race that class no matter what the discipline.

And don't take this the wrong way....but why do sandbaggers annoy you but you go and do the same thing? Is it the whole get a trophy thing?

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer but I only like to do real offroad stuff....like Enduros and H&H's. I've never felt fast enough to hang with intermediate level Moto guys on what is basically a glorified motocross race. And I don't like the whole class thing where anyone can race any class unchecked. That's the one good thing about AMA events that if you are a carded intermediate or whatever...you have to race that class no matter what the discipline.

And don't take this the wrong way....but why do sandbaggers annoy you but you go and do the same thing? Is it the whole get a trophy thing?

I love trophies !!! Well with that particular series the bagging is consistent .. So in expert class you are very literally racing guys who were pro like two years ago.... so you have 5 guys who are just killing it.. So in intermediate you have the same thing happening and so on and so on down the line.. You would NOT believe the guys in beginner, seriously..

So yeah your question is valid and two wrongs don't make a right but believe me I was racing my heart out and barely taking the win.. 

As far as the motocross part, yes you ride the main and REM which is where I am an intermediate but then we get to the ridges and rocky washes and that's where I depend on my skill set and make my moves, basically in the fast stuff where moto guys are out of comfort zone... 

But anyone who has raced a GP will see cheating at its finest.. I actually had to use some photos to dispute a protest in the Elsinore GP.I had the hole shot and checked out and did nothing but pass people for 45 minutes.. I get in all proud of myself and go to claim my plaque and they hand me a second place and I was like , what ?? No way.. The guy was standing right there and I said how did you win dude, I never saw you..  I get his number and ask my wife to review the start line, the prick is in the line in front of mine with the pros who left the line 1 minute before us.. Then because we had transponders I was able to show that my lap times were quicker every lap and asked how you beat someone when you are slower every lap.. I mean who flippin cheats like that, obviously a guy who wanted that first place plaque..

• Like 1

My dad raced SRA back in the 80's when i was a little tyke. It was pretty cool they had lots of races down in mexico if I remember right.... Didnt know it was still around.

If you ask me its one hell of a good way to spend a Sunday !!  They give you practice lap (use to be two) and then hold Four races.. Vet, senior, open and then after the track is totally beat to death and breaking bumps the size of KIA cars they do a team race worth double points.. so if you are actually in it for the series you have to stay and race it at end of the day when your ass is beat.. Really good bunch of guys and mostly clean racing, most everybody gotta be at work Monday morning ya know..

Sra next Sunday 11/17 at glen Helen

Dam dripper your still out there running those things? Are you doing the series?

Still do the one in Havasu?