2013 sxf 350 exhaust question

I purchased a new 13 350 a month ago. I got a pro circuit full system when I got the bike and put it on. I never rode with the stocker. Bike ran great and had a lot of over rev. I ride vet intermediate for FYI. I was getting some deceleration pop so I called pro circuit to see if I needed my efi remapped for the pipe. They said the run stock mapping on the 350 with full system.

So to the point, I put the stocker on to see how it ran. I am impressed with the stock pipe so much. Great bottom and top. Did anyone else notice that the stock pipe make great power compared to aftermarket.

I'm running a leo vince full system , only because it's easier to remove the shock and pipe. the stock pipe is great. 99% of us would ride better with stock pipes. unfortunately they lack the cool factor . spend less money and get better performance by setting the bike up to fit us, springs and such.IMHO but people don't see that.lol ...  when your talented on a dirt bike people notice, not what accessories are on the bike. sorry for the rant, guntoter534

Yea, the stocker is quiet and works good. I got the aftermarket pipe because it has a spark arrester and is more then a pound lighter. I was trying to shave weight AND have the ability to ride some off road without getting into trouble. ;)

Yea, the stocker is quiet and works good. I got the aftermarket pipe because it has a spark arrester and is more then a pound lighter. I was trying to shave weight AND have the ability to ride some off road without getting into trouble. ;)

I thought you had a 250. When did you get a 350?

I thought you had a 250. When did you get a 350?

Its the same silencer unit, both bikes have the same fueling issues when swapping exhausts.

Edited by tye1138

I have a 250 sxf also but would just like to add my findings.

I did some testing yesterday with my stock and full aftermarket pipe. I tried every combination and settled on stock header with aftermarket silencer.

I found stock system to have a lot off over rev but not a lot off crisp bottom pull, full aftermarket had awesome crisp bottom and lost some over rev but had fueling problem sputter through whoops and poping when letting off throttle,

Stock header and aftermarket had almost as crisp throttle response and more over rev and had none of the fueling issues.

In my mind a good compromise.

I do also remember reading earlier in the year somewhere that the 350sxf worked best with only the aftermarket silencer. Just don't remember where I read it.

Useful stuff. I'm thinking of modifying the exhaust system on our 11 350SXF for next year's speed hill climb season. It goes pretty well on the stock system but every little helps in terms of weight loss and power gain. Being strictly tarmac, running road race or supermoto wet tyres, the requirements aren't quite the same as for MX but I don't feel the need to pay for a full system if just an aftermarket muffler is a good compromise. 

The 11 and 13 respond different , the 11 a full pipe works well

The 11 and 13 respond different , the 11 a full pipe works well

Even more useful - thanks.

i have 2011 350 and a full fmf mega bomb 4.1 and the difference between stock and fmf feels huge. much more bottom and midrange.

we love the stock header (the only problem is the constuction and material is not so strong , we lose the cannister ones and have to weld it a few time,s ) and ride it with a hgs or the stock 250 muffler witch is a little shorter than the stock 350 mufler.