Carb Fuel Inlet O-ring Size?

Does anyone know what size replacement o-ring is needed for the FCR carb fuel inlet?

o-ring.jpg

Thanks,

Ron

8mm OD
6mm ID

1.0mm Thickness

Yamaha PN # 3TJ-14564-40

Edited by CRF DOC

Nice cross refrence on the part#. 

Thanks CRF Doc for the part #!

Ron

It's always useful in cases where different manufacturers use components of their machines from the same vendors to check in those catalogs for the parts that one or the other doesn't service directly.  Yamaha sells the inlet O-rings but not carb gasket sets.  Honda sells gasket sets (or they did recently), but not the inlet rings.  Yamaha doesn't sell individual spokes, but Kawasaki does, and some of them will fit the YZ wheels.  So on.

Occasionally, you can even find things that aren't listed for one model, say the X, listed for the same part of another, like the R model.  The O-rinngs in question here were not listed for some of the YZF's that used them even though they were listed as available for the WR the same year.

8mm OD

6mm ID

1.0mm Thickness

Yamaha PN # 3TJ-14564-40

Glad I was looking up this topic.                                                                                                                                                                        Thanks CRF DOC for the O-Ring specs. The info. you provided, allowed me to find Metric O-Rings with similar specs., at GRAINGER Industrial Supply. They are BUNA-N Nitrile rubber(gas resisistant), just like O.E.M. I ordered them one day, and they were in store, by 8:30AM, the next day! GRAINGER Part # 1RJA1. $11.00 for Package of 100!   :ride:                                                                                        As the original HONDA O-Rings are priced at $3.00 each, ($9.00) plus $7.00 flat rate shipping, and shipping TIME, the GRAINGER option will give you a lifetime supply of fuel inlet O-RINGS, for basically less cost and wait.                                                                                         I lubed the inlet bore and fitting/O-Rings with petroleum jelly, turned fuel on, and started up bike.Problem solved.                                         They offer many other size METRIC and Standard sizes if needed, by the way.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Just offering another option to HONDA's overpriced choice. :naughty:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Thanks again, to ALL contributors on THUMPERTALK, who have helped myself and others, with their knowledge and information.All that I've learned here, has allowed me to turn a stock X into a Dragon Beast! This was my first bike, EVER, and it made it MUCH more rideable.

Does anybody know the part number to the fitting it's self? Thanks

Does anybody know the part number to the fitting it's self? Thanks

16038-KRN-671

I found the Grainger o-rings above to be too large.

McMaster-Carr part number 9262K259 (bag of 50) is a 1.2mm x 6mm and works much better.

Keihin fuel inlet o rings.png