Sign in to follow this  

FMF exhaust options

I plan on buying the crf 250l this spring (the wait is killing me but i cant wait!!) Ive been doing a fair amount of research the past few months and came across the pretty regular mod with the EJK Fuel Injection controller, FMF Q4 slip on exhaust and the megabomb header. Would be okay if i just got the FMF Q4 slip on ehaust without the other mods? I plan to once i have the money, i was just curious. Thanks!

Oyah you can start with just the slip on. That's what I did. But after I was able to get the header (powerbomb). What a difference. Love it.

If that is was u ment. If by other mods u ment jetting then well I can't really say much as my 450 is an 06 and is not efi. Don't know jack about ur carb.

Is it possible to delete a post lol I jumped on this to fast and was not thinking

. Would be okay if i just got the FMF Q4 slip on ehaust without the other mods? 

Sure if you want to !!! 

I doubt you will gain anything other than noise and lose a few pounds tho. I would not mess with your air box until after you get the EJK. 

just my thoughts as I claim to know nothing ....  :lol:

• Like 1

Is it possible to delete a post lol I jumped on this to fast and was not thinking

you could have edited the posts .... 

Oyah you can start with just the slip on. That's what I did. But after I was able to get the header (powerbomb). What a difference. Love it.

I plan to! but ive read some people saying that the pipe (header) burns up there pants(melts the pants). Im completely knew to this community so i have no idea how to avoid this problem or if its that common. Have you experienced anything along that line?

Sure if you want to !!! 

I doubt you will gain anything other than noise and lose a few pounds tho. I would not mess with your air box until after you get the EJK. 

just my thoughts as I claim to know nothing ....  :lol:

Thanks for the input!

Oh yes! I melted my boots and pants. I bought the E line carbon fibre pipe guard from eBay and problem solved

• Like 1

Oh yes! I melted my boots and pants. I bought the E line carbon fibre pipe guard from eBay and problem solved

slolane used the factory heat shield with the FMF megabomb .... I have not put one on my bike yet.

every answer you could possibly be looking for is on this site .... just remember this bike has been out awhile now so you have to read the old stuff or use the search box. 

I don't mind and you can ask away but, if your in a hurry for an answer ... searching will be faster  :thumbsup:

004_zpsda6dfc5b.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2