2012 KTM 250SXF trade question...

I currently have a 2012 YZ 125. It is perfect and ready to go. just rebuilt to top end repacked to silencer and had the suspension revalved and resprung. I have done everything to this bike and it screams!!

I recently broke my fibula and will be out for a couple months. I had an offer on my 125 and never thought to sell or trade until I heard the offer. I am a 2 stroke guy however... this guy has a 2012 KTM 250sxf with 3 hours on the bike, comes with hour meter, FMF slip on, skid plate. straight up trade for my bike.

I have read some reviews and I don't know if I should trade or not. I am a KTM fan but want a 150sx. Is this worth it? The bike looks new, he has two and doesn't ride the bike.

I also had an offer my bike plus 700 bucks for a 13' KTM 150sx with 6 hours. comments questions? Thanks for looking. possible trade/buy this weekend.

IMAG0280.jpg

Do it for the sxf, you could sell it and make a bigger profit.

I'd say get the 150, you can use the 700 bucks to get the 150 perfect for when you come back and may have some left over

No I throw down 700 dollars plus my bike to get the 150.... yes 700 bucks would make that bike perfect.... its looks like it has more wear than 6 hours... so that's why I am kinda iffy...

No I throw down 700 dollars plus my bike to get the 150.... yes 700 bucks would make that bike perfect.... its looks like it has more wear than 6 hours... so that's why I am kinda iffy...

Call him out on it. See if you can get him down from 700.

I did he first started at 1000 and I talked him down to 800 then he asked if I had the stock springs I did not. he said 700 with stock springs. The wheels look like the black rim strips have had a lot of wear and tear, more than 6 hours and the exhaust, and clutch cover do as well. I do understand and know that some riders wear bikes faster than others however it has me kinda wondering whats up... he told me he took the wheels off and swapped out on the 125sx he races.

he seems like an honest guy but the 250sxf deal is sweet the bike looks brand new he said he rode it one day in the trails. only rode it once and looks like it. never thought I would be wanting a four stroke again... but its a super sick deal.

I have read some reviews and that year it ranked last among the other bikes and I wasn't sure if there was easy fixes to make the bike lighter and have more bottom, I like the electric start and brakes, clutch but its seven pounds heavier than the others... can anyone tell a difference? is the bike awesome and it doesn't matter?

Do you ride moto or off-road?

motocross.

The '12 250sxf was a turd, go with the 150.....but $700 into your YZ would make it a KTM killer....

The '12 250sxf was a turd, go with the 150.....but $700 into your YZ would make it a KTM killer....

true. its sets up perfectly minus a big bore kit... I might save up and go with the 150... just a new 250f for my bike is almost too good to walk away from...

true. its sets up perfectly minus a big bore kit... I might save up and go with the 150... just a new 250f for my bike is almost too good to walk away from...

A new/used 250f that makes about the same HP as your 125 and weighs 30lbs more, doesn't have custom suspension etc etc....

A new/used 250f that makes about the same HP as your 125 and weighs 30lbs more, doesn't have custom suspension etc etc....

good point. I think ill jump on the 150 like I planned. thanks.

good point. I think ill jump on the 150 like I planned. thanks.

Agreed ;)

Forget about the thumper.

but $700 into your YZ would make it a KTM killer....

Gotta disagree here. Almost no amount of money will turn a YZ125 into a 150 killer. Skill level aside, The 150 makes 40hp stock, the YZ makes 34.

Gotta disagree here. Almost no amount of money will turn a YZ125 into a 150 killer. Skill level aside, The 150 makes 40hp stock, the YZ makes 34.

EG 144 kit will put it right on par......

And you will never get a KTM 150 as light as the Yamaha or get the suspension as good......IMO, its a wash. But seeing as he's put a large amount into his YZ already, it would be a step backwards buying the 150.....

I've heard its tough to get the jetting correct on the 144 kit... That's why I'm thinking this route. And is the suspension the horrible on the ktm's? I've heard the yz suspension is awesome but is it that much better than 2013 wp?

The yz 144 are hard to setup for jetting and detonation etc

Athena 144s can be hard to jet. EG kits don't seem to have that problem or are less common...

I agree with the 125yz is better then the ktm. but not a fan of the big bore or the 150 ktm over a 125 ktm , imo 125's run better on top then a big bore does and that's where you ride a small bore must of the time. tye's question is important ,what do you ride most mx, off road? as far as the 12 sxf 250 goes it's about what the rider likes . don't listen to the mags and people that just repeat what they say . talk to people that own and ride a bike. we have a 12 sxf and a friend has a 13 kx250f , one day he asked to ride the sxf couldn't get him off it lol. he said he really didn't think he'd like it but felt so in tuned with it and could ride it longer faster then his kxf.he's a good c rider wins most of his moto's... so beauty is in the eye of the beholder

just got an offer for a 12 ktm 150sx. bike for bike. changes made to the 13 were suspension, and reed valve correct?

if its low hours I might jump on it. suspension has been revalved, FMF exhaust,

im leaning towards a 150 because im 175-180 without gear. needing a little extra cc's. I have to keep this 125 pinned which is fun but a little more would help.

any thoughts or experience with the 12, 13, or 14 ktm 150's? which year is better not that much of a difference to buy new.