Sign in to follow this  

How can i bring a PC works pipe back to its original state?

So I have heard that steel wool and wd40 can bring a works pipe back to life....? what is something you used to get the rust off? It doesn't look rusted to me...looks....burnt...I mean it was ridden hard....

20131101_174259.jpg

Wire wheel, then wet sanding 100-600, heat up the seams with propane torch to bring back the original hue, then apply penetrating oil while it's still hot. Looks better than new.

• Like 1

Wire wheel, then wet sanding 100-600, heat up the seams with propane torch to bring back the original hue, then apply penetrating oil while it's still hot. Looks better than new.

+1

Put WD40 on after every ride, and wash, to keep the rust at bay. Its a nice pipe, but requires maintenance.

• Like 1

thank you so much will do ill get back in a bit with pics when im finished!

+1

Put WD40 on after every ride, and wash, to keep the rust at bay. Its a nice pipe, but requires maintenance.

yup I bought it like this id die if I dropped 250 in the pipe it and it started to rust....  thank you!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1383369759.623336.jpg it's an fmf but I used 4 aught steel wool and wd40 and this is how it came out. It took the "factory" color off and left just the shiny metal but it doesn't look bad!
  • Like 1

wow that looks awesome...did you heat up the seams to get them blue?

nope they just turned out that way I guess. It took about half an hour of scrubbing!