Sign in to follow this  

Do you need to sleeve a 1979 rm250?

hi, i am looking to put a new top end in my rm250 and was wondering, do i need to sleeve the cylinder?? or do i need to just bore and hone, and no sleeve??  i looked on the internet and couldnt find any sleeves, so thats why im asking 

also what is the average price for this kind of work,

thanks!!

hi, i am looking to put a new top end in my rm250 and was wondering, do i need to sleeve the cylinder?? or do i need to just bore and hone, and no sleeve??  i looked on the internet and couldnt find any sleeves, so thats why im asking 

also what is the average price for this kind of work,

thanks!!

Suzuki didn't start using plated cylinders until the mid 80's, so your '79 RM250 can be bored.  Now the trick is finding someone that can do it.  Most shops use to do this themselves, but now that plated cylinders have been around for so long hardly no one bores the old ones.  Try calling your local dealership and see what they can do, if not then you might end up having to send your cylinder off to a company that installs sleeves and see if they can just bore it for you.  Plan on buying a piston from them as they will need it to accurately bore the cylinder.

• Like 1