How good are the rmz250's I am told they not very great

Year from 2004 to present year how good are they

I've been told they overheat and shifting should I be worried about it

No

I've been told they overheat and shifting should I be worried about it

negative

Ok gr8 thanks for the replies can you tell me any pointers that go just for suzukis lol

Ok gr8 thanks for the replies and can yous tell me any pointers or tips that go toward suzukis

Ok gr8 thanks for the replies can you tell me any pointers that go just for suzukis lol

like what?

What to run for like coolant what's the best oil and stuff like that

It is common knowledge that the 04–06 RMZ 250f were not very good bikes. There was overheating issues, shifting issues and overall poor build quality.

As from 07 up, there were many threads on TT of blown transmissions, missed shifts, poor clutch components etc etc. In 2013 Suzuki did give their transmission a revamp and from anything I've read the results have been good....

It is common knowledge that the 04–06 RMZ 250f were not very good bikes. There was overheating issues, shifting issues and overall poor build quality.

As from 07 up, there were many threads on TT of blown transmissions, missed shifts, poor clutch components etc etc. In 2013 Suzuki did give their transmission a revamp and from anything I've read the results have been good....

we've got a brand new rmz on the floor that drops into gear rolling it. i mean i dont think i'd buy that..

You put gas in them and they like to have the throttle twisted. If you shift and turn the throttle they go faster. They don't have good brakes because they turn so good and when you go fast you don't need no stinkin brakes. Jist leave in 3rd gear with throttle pinned and transmission is good.

Just messin..they are as good as any other bike. Some areas better. Some worse. Easiest bike to fix the flaws it has out of the 250f's. If buying used go for 08-up. Try to find one to ride and judge for yourself. Who told you they weren't that great? Mags like them. Rc likes them. Stewart left a multi million dollar deal to ride one. Dungey won a 250f championship and a 450 championship on one. As did reed..actually last time reed was dominant was ona suzuki. Stewart looked prett great at mec on his rmz450..on the podium..with $100,000....that he won on a suzuki...that rv2 didn't win lol

Well I'm looking at an 06 from the pic it has hot cams also has rg3 full suspension and just rebuilt 20-25 hours ago

Well I'm looking at a 2006 it has hot cams and rg3 full suspension and was rebuking about 20-25 hours ago

Don't get a 2006

Don't get a 2006

How come

How come

not well built..entirely.. 08'-2014 is the way to go

Idk I am getting a pre good deal

Idk I am getting a pre good deal

getting a good deal or getting a safe and reliable bike are two different things.. Do what you gotta do though.. it comes down to what you can afford and what will stay together on the track and trail

getting a good deal or getting a safe and reliable bike are two different things.. Do what you gotta do though.. it comes down to what you can afford and what will stay together on the track and trail

This bike is race ready so I'm not worried about over heating but what do you mean by poorly made

What he means is 04-06 were a joint venture with Kawasaki Those bikes had a lot problems.  I know to you it might look like a good deal but I would not buy one.  I believe most of the trans problems you here of are self inflicted. We have had 2 a 07 and the 2011 we have now .They were both raced 2 full seasons in motocross NO trans or clutch problems .The best 250f made.IMO  we are selling the 2011 to buy a 2014. I think all the bikes whether they are red,blue green,orange, or yellow are very good bikes. It is all what you do with them

I come from a drag racing backround and it amazes me how little most people know about there machines.   

Edited by 727DAD