Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake pads that don't overheat and grab or fade

I have not had any luck with brake pads. It seems like every one I try either overheats, gets grabby or don't stop at all. Admittedly I am a brake dragger, but I do have the pedal adjusted down all the way and I tried using Motul brake fluid. Anyone have any good solutions?

I have not had any luck with brake pads. It seems like every one I try either overheats, gets grabby or don't stop at all. Admittedly I am a brake dragger, but I do have the pedal adjusted down all the way and I tried using Motul brake fluid. Anyone have any good solutions?

Same problem with my 2012 250XC.  I use Motul 600 out of a fresh container not one that has been laying around for a year or more.  Use Ferodo brake pads model #FDB2018SGPLUS on front and FDB2165SGPLUS on rear.  Brake problems solved.  All other pads I've tried wear fast and over heat.  These Ferodos are as close to stock Brembo as I can find. Bleed and replace fluid often.  The front tends to need bleeding more than rear. 

Yes Dunlopad  known as DP Brakes.... Be sure to get the PRO....Part # sdp935mx  Not the sintered ones.....They make the Renthal pad

Ride with no break pedal for one month....you will learn to use the front like you are supposed to.

Edited by E-TECH