Sign in to follow this  

Carb issue and fixing it with Keihin 38mm airstriker review

Alright I got an 01 cr250 with a crappy stock mikuni 38 mm carb. Im buying a pre jetted keihin 38mm air striker carb. Im making this post to possibly help someone. If it fixes my issue or not ill be happy to give feedback. Because if this carb don't then the next step is power valve adjustments and timing adjustments. Because thst would be the only issue if it dont fix it then. Then I may have to lean the carb out with the jets. According to carb part warehouse customer service ill be fine if im not above 3000ft sea level. Im 500 ft. Being your own motocross mechanic sux. I just wish there was a jetting diagram for specific year and model along with weather temp, sea level, humidity and etc.

How close is your bike to stock? You will be happy with the keihin carb, I've done it too. If your looking for jetting specs check out the '00 cr250 manual, it came stock with this carb, and has all the temp and altitude adjustments for it, I used it for a good baselline.

I looked at the manual just confused because it technically says the jetting it is standard that comes with it. Which is dead wrong. Because that has to be way too rich.

What is your issue that your trying to fix? The pwk swap is a great mod to make, but depending on what your having problems with it may or may not fix your problem. If it is as simple as jetting your stock carb we can help you with that. No one is going to be able to tell you exactly what jets to run and they be dead on, but it is possible to get close. Just like what carb parts warehouse is going to do with the new carb. Their jetting just may be exactly perfect, but not likely. The bike should run better afterwards though either way. I was just curious on what exactly you are having problems with because maybe its not carb related at all.

What is your issue that your trying to fix? The pwk swap is a great mod to make, but depending on what your having problems with it may or may not fix your problem. If it is as simple as jetting your stock carb we can help you with that. No one is going to be able to tell you exactly what jets to run and they be dead on, but it is possible to get close. Just like what carb parts warehouse is going to do with the new carb. Their jetting just may be exactly perfect, but not likely. The bike should run better afterwards though either way. I was just curious on what exactly you are having problems with because maybe its not carb related at all.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/1053363-Strange-bogging-sound-idling-and-high-rpm-rev take a look these people seem to think so I even changed my needle clip position yesterday and going to put it on the the 3rd groove when I first took it apart it was in the first position bogging down.

I put it on the last groove for shits and giggles. I now know how make a portable smoke bomb. Planning on moving it 3rd then 2nd if still too rich.

So I put it on there and it is amazing I'm hitting power band again and I'm popping wheelies in 2nd and actually spinning tires. I recommend this to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

• Like 1