Sign in to follow this  

RMZ250 06 Drain Plug Busted

Well my mate turned the bolt the wrong way and over tightened it, Was a mission to get out but it came out eventually threaded and a spring bit aswell that is seriously wasted.

Heres a few photos:

IMG_2274_zpsc2b71ef5.jpg

IMG_2276_zps263d306d.jpg

IMG_2275_zps4d1ead6e.jpg

What are his options now for getting this fixed?

Cheers fellas

I could be wrong but that looks like a Heli-coil that came out... If it is, that means someone has already had to drill it out once before to install the Heli-coil.... My guess is you would have to do the same thing but get a bigger Heli-coil.... Can't help you much more than that... Never had to do one, hope I never have to.

be honest... it was not your mate, it was you right?

fix- just find a larger thread bolt and retap it to fit.

• Like 1

be honest... it was not your mate, it was you right?

fix- just find a larger thread bolt and retap it to fit.

Haha honestly it was my mate, its his bike lol i own a KTM 250sx lol im a 2 stroke man :) im just trying to help the poor man out.

I could be wrong but that looks like a Heli-coil that came out... If it is, that means someone has already had to drill it out once before to install the Heli-coil.... My guess is you would have to do the same thing but get a bigger Heli-coil.... Can't help you much more than that... Never had to do one, hope I never have to.

Yeah that makes sense definatly a heli-coil. Ill let him know what you guys have said :) thanks