Sign in to follow this  

Rocky Mountain ATV Dual-Sport Ride

Anyone here enter or win?

This was a contest to do a five day DS ride from Mesquite, Nevada to the Supercross in Phoenix. I entered but haven't heard anything. Mix of camping and motels on the ride, and a motel and suite pass for the race. You needed to be able to take care of yourself on the ride.

I usually ride solo, but this sounded like a lot of fun. Most expenses covered, always a good thing.

Mike

Yeah, I applied too. I'm beginning to think that maybe you and I weren't the only doods to sign up. I've been trying to decide which of my two dualsport to ride on it, the DRZ or the LC8. Maybe I don't need to worry about that decision.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds fantastic.

Can you share a link to the event site?

It's all over, you can check RMATV/MC website but I think everything is gone now. Contest ended 10-31, you can contact them after 12-31 for list of winners.

Yea, it would have been a fun almost free ride.

Mike

It is very questionable at best, last year they had dealers of theirs "win" the contest. If you want to go just find a dealer or friend to rocky mountain atv to get you in.

Edited by ncc

It is very questionable at best, last year they had dealers of theirs "win" the contest. If you want to go just find a dealer or friend to rocky mountain atv to get you in.

Guess it's possible, always seemed like good folks to me.

Mike

Guess it's possible, always seemed like good folks to me.

Mike

It is possible, a friend of mine who also is a dealer and friend of people at Rocky entered late and he and another "won" and went last year. It is not a "drawing" it is subjective and based on your "story" as well as the bike you ride.

It is possible, a friend of mine who also is a dealer and friend of people at Rocky entered late and he and another "won" and went last year. It is not a "drawing" it is subjective and based on your "story" as well as the bike you ride.

I knew that going in. I figured I had slim chances, figured they would eliminate the idiots, and draw from the rest. I won a RaceTech suspension from TT almost exactly a year ago. I was qualified as were many others. Some not so much. I don't think I won because I was the absolute best, but because of many qualified entries, I was drawn.

Even if crooked, entry took me 2 minutes, lost nothing.

Their inventory, pricing, service, location serves me well.

Mike

• Like 1