ttr 125 not running smooth

I have a ttr 125 and when i start it up it dies after it idles for about five seconds and when i rev it, it doesnt rev smoothly. It is uneven and doesnt "purr." I have adjusted the valves and they are set right, and i just cleaned out the carburetor. Turning the pilot air screw doesnt really help btw. Does anyone know what to do? Please let me know, i am trying to sell it so i can get a yz125. Thanks

Does it have a clean air filter? It sounds like it isn't getting enough air to rev up only idle. How about good gas?

Does it have a clean air filter? It sounds like it isn't getting enough air to rev up only idle. How about good gas?

No I haven't tried a new air filter i'll give that a go

No I haven't tried a new air filter i'll give that a go

well is it dirty? There's no point in cleaning a clean airfilter! Hahaha

Or just take it off and run it to see if it works fine without an air filtee

well is it dirty? There's no point in cleaning a clean airfilter! Hahaha

Alright i got the air filter out now how would you go about cleaning it?

Or just take it off and run it to see if it works fine without an air filtee

Well i took it off and it still didnt idle very well. Slightly better but not much. But i still want to clean it. Any other ideas?

Alright i got the air filter out now how would you go about cleaning it?

use gasoline and pour it over the filter into a clean bucket. Only use enough so you can barley squeeze the gas out then squeeze it out. Use a hose and rinse the filter and bucket free of gas then repeat untill the gas is clean after you wring it out. Make sure it's rinsed good and let it dry. Then get some good airfilter oil like bell ray or quality oil and put it on so it covers the entire filter but you can't squeeze it out. If you can there's too much on it. Also has it been sitting for a while? The carb might me dirty and clogged

use gasoline and pour it over the filter into a clean bucket. Only use enough so you can barley squeeze the gas out then squeeze it out. Use a hose and rinse the filter and bucket free of gas then repeat untill the gas is clean after you wring it out. Make sure it's rinsed good and let it dry. Then get some good airfilter oil like bell ray or quality oil and put it on so it covers the entire filter but you can't squeeze it out. If you can there's too much on it. Also has it been sitting for a while? The carb might me dirty and clogged

I took it out cleaned it and cleaned out the pilot jet and it runs great! Thanks!!

I took it out cleaned it and cleaned out the pilot jet and it runs great! Thanks!!

glad to hear! Keep up on routine maintenance (clean air filters, oil changes) that kind of stuff and it'll run for ever!

My carb bungs up quite regularly even though I ride loads and filter all the fuel. I have to clean it about once a month to keep it running smoothly.

My carb bungs up quite regularly even though I ride loads and filter all the fuel. I have to clean it about once a month to keep it running smoothly.

Put some of this in the gas tank every single time you fill it up.  You'll never have to clean the carb again.

518712.jpg