AHHHH Just got my kids 125 running AND now!

It ran great for 2min and then it stopped. Crank is frozen and won't turn. Tarring it down, the piston and cylinder are in great shape, I will open up the case tomorrow and see what happen,

I'm a complete novice, but crank bearings maybe?

• Like 1

I'm thinking the bearings. the guy I got it from said he rebuilt the bottom end, but I don't think so. Oh well dump some money into it, and rebuild the top & bottom. That way I KNOW it is done right. I also got to fix the carb, it was dumping out gas. AND water was poring out of the pump. I think I got my hands full. wish me luck.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the bearings. the guy I got it from said he rebuilt the bottom end, but I don't think so. Oh well dump some money into it, and rebuild the top & bottom. That way I KNOW it is done right. I also got to fix the carb, it was dumping out gas. AND water was poring out of the pump. I think I got my hands full. wish me luck.

That is your best bet... good thing is that it will be relatively cheap for a fresh bike! 

Off topic. Can't post on my phone. I just started my 2001 Yz 144 up for first time in while. It idles real high. Not sure what would be wrong cause when I put it away it ran great

That has AIR LEAK written all over it! 

This is what I got.

2003 YZ 125.

the good

Pro circuit pipe.

Pro taper bars and clamp.

V force reeds.

new tires.

The Bad.

STATOR ( that's what the guy said it needed)

Motor needs rebuild.

Plastic is old.

Seat is bad.

Clutch lever is bad.

Leaks water. 

carb dumps out gas.

striped out main drive gear.

DSC02815.JPG

dgjdgy.jpg

00q0q_1bAQccG2kE2_600x450.jpg

01313_loaWoyJZXuM_600x450.jpg

Ok took apart the clutch a the  primary gear bolt was not to tight so Im guessing bearings, AND when I took off clutch cover I need to replace the basket and the hub. presser plate was good and It had a new clutch. wonder what I will find next.

After you took off the clutch cover, did the crank turn by hand?

I've seen instances where the primary gear bolt unscewed itself and hit against the clutch cover, making the engine stop abruptly. The crank would not turn afterwards. Overtightening the bolt will not make the crank hard to turn.

Ok took apart the clutch a the  primary gear bolt was not to tight so Im guessing bearings, AND when I took off clutch cover I need to replace the basket and the hub. presser plate was good and It had a new clutch. wonder what I will find next.

look's like you bought a bit of a can of worm's from a liar...................some people?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1051391-stator-fried/

Edited by smezmx