Will '02 CR250 Carb Fit '92 CR250

Gotta start off by saying i'm a noob with bikes so this may be a dumb question...

Basically, like the title says, i wanna know if a Mikuni carb from a 2002 CR250 will fit a 1992 CR250 without modification. Or could it be done with little modification?

It will, but the Keihin PJ carb on the 92 is a superior carb as long as it isn't worn out.  If you really want to put a good carb on your 02, find a carb from the 00 cr250 and install that one.  The PWK Keihin carb from the 00 cr250 is a far superior carb than either the PJ carb from the 92 or the TMX carb from the 02. 

It will, but the Keihin PJ carb on the 92 is a superior carb as long as it isn't worn out.  If you really want to put a good carb on your 02, find a carb from the 00 cr250 and install that one.  The PWK Keihin carb from the 00 cr250 is a far superior carb than either the PJ carb from the 92 or the TMX carb from the 02.

Well i'm about to buy a '92 CR250 that has a carb that spills gas out the overflow and i just happened to find a carb from an '02 CR250 for sale so i figured i'd see if it fits, see if i can just do an easy swap with the '02 carb.

If it was me I would just rebuild the carb thats on it and clean it good. If you biy a rebuild kit online it would probably cost about $30

If gas is spilling out of the overflow, why not clean the carb? That is usually a sign of a sticking float.