Sign in to follow this  

How much to sell a xr 100 1998

I bought my 1991 XR100 for $450 a couple months ago. The seller was asking like $650. I would have only paid about $400 if I had noticed it's problems before purchasing it.

My bike looked to be in great shape but the frame is broke where the right seat post comes down to the main part of the frame, the left hand crankcase cover was badly broken, it has very little rust, it would start first kick if I hadn't messed with the carb, tires were in good cond when we bought it, the cam chain is too loose to tinghten, showing that it's never been replaced and the bike had been run a lot.

ickfinger is about right, a nice 98 xr100 should go for $700-850.

Make sure you know what to look for on a used bike (there's forms about things to look for when buying a used bike)

Edited by jjjrickey

Bought my sons 02 for $600 was asking $750. I see them sit for months on craigslist for $650-$1000. I'd say pay no more than $600 if its in great shape, $550 in good shape, $500 in pretty good shape, etc....

Chris

Stateside prices are all over the place. Some fools have clean late models for $1600, others are more realistic at $1000. Its all about supply & demand in your particular area. Only thing for sure is a clean, ready to go example never drops below $500, reguardless of year.