Sign in to follow this  

My bike shut off?

Okay, don't make fun of me if this is a stupid question, I'm new to riding, just got my bike over summer. 

Me & my friend were hauling ass down the roads at his house & I hit top speed on my 89 125 rm & she just shut off. She wouldn't start until I kicked her like 15 times. I don't think I blew her up because I just got her rebuilt not to long ago, she still runs too. 

Could anybody tell me why it shut off? I'm just curious.

Check spark plug coloring

It's really oily. I think I need a new one, my bike does take a bunch of kicks to get started & she just got rebuilt. You think that's the problem?

If it's oily that is a sign that you are running too rich. Wide open throttle proved that as well by making it oily. Put a new one in and play around with your jetting.i am sure someone will tell you exactly which jets to deal with, or do a search to find out which needle/jet does what. I bet that is your issue no doubt.

• Like 1

If it's oily that is a sign that you are running too rich. Wide open throttle proved that as well by making it oily. Put a new one in and play around with your jetting.i am sure someone will tell you exactly which jets to deal with, or do a search to find out which needle/jet does what. I bet that is your issue no doubt.

Well I don't mess with my bike that much when it's just me. I do that when my dad is around to help me, my bike is up at my friends house right now. My tank fits 2 gal of gas. I put usually 2 gals in with 3oz of oil. Is that to much oil? What should my mix ratio be?

Been a while since I have had a 2-stroke, but you should not do it that way, Bad things will happen, the mixture is not right. Look up in your manual on what to mix. usually 32:1 i think. Mix it seperately in a 5 gallon gas can to the correct mixture otherwise you will be rebuilding again.

• Like 2

2 gal of gas needs 8oz of oil to be 32:1   you have been mixing at about 100:1

probably scored your cylinder and piston, might want to check the compression