4 hrs and 10 minutes...

.... from now I'll be picking up my CRF250L. That is all! Haha. Posting now because after I get home with it I'm not sure if I'll have time to post a picture or anything. Leaving early tomorrow for a week and my new (to me) bike is going to sit in the garage for its first week.

I'll try to post pics though. But you've all seen a stock one. It's a 2013 with only 71 miles.

... lol .... this caught my attention because at the time of your posting that was exactly how long I have before I pick up mine from the shop ....  :lol:

i305can.gif        :banana:

Haha, awesome! Picking it up with 305?

I'll probably order a performance kit, exhaust, 13t sprocket, and the fuel management thingy (forget what it is, EJK or something like that). I saw a kit on CRF's only. If I order it tonight, it'll be here when I get back from my trip.

Haha, awesome! Picking it up with 305?

I'll probably order a performance kit, exhaust, 13t sprocket, and the fuel management thingy (forget what it is, EJK or something like that). I saw a kit on CRF's only. If I order it tonight, it'll be here when I get back from my trip.

That kit really wakes this bike up !!! I added a 42 rear sprocket when I did mine.

Well, I got the bike today! Woo hoo! Not sure if this picture will work, ImageShack changed their format apparently and I can't figure it out now lol. They no longer have an IMG code and I didn't get a resize option until AFTER I uploaded, so if this does work, it might be gigantic (in which case I'll delete it) Here goes:

crf.jpg

First impressions: It's gutless, but not like everyone had me believe from reading this forum. It's not THAT bad. It does ok stock. No rocket ship by any means, but it's just enough to be fun. I wouldn't take it on a freeway. Around town and trails would be "OK" stock though. It is DEFINITELY geared wrong. 6th gear bogs down pretty good. So now I am super stoked about the performance kit I am ordering, which is full exhaust, 13t front gear, and that EJK thingy. That should be enough to make the bike down right fun!

I think I got a great deal. 71 miles on it for $4,000. It wasn't as perfect as was implied, but I still did good I think. It was dropped I think, off road, and slowly though. It has some scuffs and left mirror flops in wind. But nothing major at all. Chain has some surface rust, but nothing bad. Overall, excellent deal on my part I think. Super easy fixes to all. And it has a lowering link, which wasn't mentioned in ad. He had stock, so I have that and will install to raise it back up. Unfortunately I am leaving for a week and must go get ready, but I'm glad I got my bike today! It's going to be a blast making it mine, and FASTER haha.

Edited by Old Goat Ninja

awesome old goat !!! 

let the mods begin !!! ....  :banana:

Stage1 will open it up nicely, but Stage305 is definitely the way to go!! :thumbsup:

If its been down on the left side check the rad. They are made of cheese! I layed mine down gently in the mud at a standstill (it slipped out from under me as I stopped, I couldnt quite catch it in time but I managed to lower it down gently, no biggy), when I picked it up there wasnt a mark on it, but on closer inspection the rad had bent out of shape! I would hate to see what would happen if I had dropped it at speed. I have since fitted a flatlands rad guard.

If its been down on the left side check the rad. They are made of cheese! I layed mine down gently in the mud at a standstill (it slipped out from under me as I stopped, I couldnt quite catch it in time but I managed to lower it down gently, no biggy), when I picked it up there wasnt a mark on it, but on closer inspection the rad had bent out of shape! I would hate to see what would happen if I had dropped it at speed. I have since fitted a flatlands rad guard.

Thank you, I will be sure to check that. Good info to know.

Stage1 will open it up nicely, but Stage305 is definitely the way to go!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist getting that. And then not tell anyone haha. My dad has a crf230 that was originally a dirt bike but previous owner plated, and it's got some go to it. It'll be nice to spank him then do a shoulder "I dunno" shrug haha.