Over sized tanks

I want to get a over sized tank for my 2013 but I had a few questions first. First off I use Works Connection Radiator braces and was wondering if an over sized tank would even fit with the braces. I called WC, IMS, Clarke, and Acerbis and no one seemed to know. One suggested bending the brace, but wouldn't that weaken it making it useless? What brand is the best for the 10-13 250's? I've seen a lot of mixed reviews and I think it sort of depends on the bike. I am debating between IMS, Clarke, and Acerbis. Any others I should consider? Would the 2.7 make any noticeable difference when full as far as handling? Any you can use oem caps on? What are your experiences?

I just purchased the IMS about a month ago for my '10 CRF250R. I love it and haven't had any problems yet. My original plan was to swap back and forth whenever I ride track, desert, etc. But I've actually just been leaving the IMS tank on all the time. I can't tell a difference at all with the extra weight. If I don't need the extra gas I just don't fill it up all the way. And although it is definitely bigger, I can only really tell if I look at it. I can't really feel the size difference when I'm riding.

As far as the radiator braces go I'm not sure because I don't have any, although I definitely want a set so I am curious about this as well. I would imagine that bending the braces to make room would kind of defeat the point of having them in the first place.. 

I just purchased the IMS about a month ago for my '10 CRF250R. I love it and haven't had any problems yet. My original plan was to swap back and forth whenever I ride track, desert, etc. But I've actually just been leaving the IMS tank on all the time. I can't tell a difference at all with the extra weight. If I don't need the extra gas I just don't fill it up all the way. And although it is definitely bigger, I can only really tell if I look at it. I can't really feel the size difference when I'm riding.

As far as the radiator braces go I'm not sure because I don't have any, although I definitely want a set so I am curious about this as well. I would imagine that bending the braces to make room would kind of defeat the point of having them in the first place.. 

That's what I was thinking. I've seen a lot of off road guys using the Devol Braces that are totally different and go over the front of the radiator I believe. Not sure on that though. Do you race hare scrambles?

That's what I was thinking. I've seen a lot of off road guys using the Devol Braces that are totally different and go over the front of the radiator I believe. Not sure on that though. Do you race hare scrambles?

I do not. The only racing I do is on tracks. The desert stuff is just for fun ;)

The braces that I was looking at were the Works ones. I haven't seen the Devol ones in person

I do not. The only racing I do is on tracks. The desert stuff is just for fun ;)

The braces that I was looking at were the Works ones. I haven't seen the Devol ones in person

Alright...How is the gas cap on the IMS? And did you get the natural color or black?

It came with a separate cap. It look alright. Nothing special. And I got the black. IMO it looks a lot better. If you don't look that closely it's hard to tell it's not the stock tank which I like

It came with a separate cap. It look alright. Nothing special. And I got the black. IMO it looks a lot better. If you don't look that closely it's hard to tell it's not the stock tank which I like

Yea, I agree black looks better. I just thought the natural would be nice because you can see how much gas you have left. 

Yea, I agree black looks better. I just thought the natural would be nice because you can see how much gas you have left. 

That's true. Although I had a natural one on my old 125 and I usually ended up taking the cap off to look inside anyway lol 

I have heard/seen that you dont want the natural as the gas will stain and make it look ugly after a period of time

I have heard/seen that you dont want the natural as the gas will stain and make it look ugly after a period of time

Yea, the only good thing is that you can see how much gas you have left.

Have you got the Braces yet? Want to get a tank for christmas and been wondering if it'd fit. Bought new boots, a rekluse, sprokets, chain new air filter and Motorex to get ready for next year. All that's left is a tank, and some seat time.