125 vs 250?

Im looking to get either a yz,rm,kx,ktm,or cr 125 or 250. I weigh about 170lbs and im 5'9" but supposedly my doctor says im supposed to grow alot this spring/summer. So the bottom line is should i shoot for a 125 or 250? I dont want to have to buy another bike by June. Btw im coming off of a cr85r so i have experience with two strokes

How would your doctor know how much and when you will grow more? How old are you?

What kind of riding will you be doing?

Idk thats just what he said. Im 14 mostly trails, not really tight trails i have a lot by my house theyre pretty wide. And sometimes i will be going to slippery rock dunes and switchback raceway (small tracks in pa) not to race just to ride. Maybe like twice a year

Everyone seems to want to skip 125's due to their ego's but honestly, I love a good running 125. You can't go wrong although I always felt the CR's of any generation had a bit of a weak motor compared to say the Yamaha's or KTM's. I say just go find the best shape 125 you can afford, bring it home and get the suspension set up to your abilities. In the woods I was honestly faster on my 125 then I am my 450. Sometimes too much power is a bad thing, I rode the guts out of my 125 and had a lot of fun and ran with a lot bigger, faster bikes no problem. The key is having it set up to suit you. 

• Like 2