Thoughts on your 2014 yz250f?

What's everyone think about there 2014 yz250fs....

The Good? The Bad?

I dont have one, but from what I can tell, everyone other than like 2 people would love to have theirs and hate that they dont have them yet.  Seems like everyones still waiting except for a lucky couple of folks on here!  

Thanks for that, I'm defiantly going to upgrade and just wanting people's thoughts on the new bike

Dealers in Australia have them this week

I just had my first ride yesterday, did a 25 mile desert loop out thru some badlands. I set the sag and added hanguards and bumped my countershaft sprocket up to a 14 tooth. This bike is awesome! The power is seriously up from my 2006 YZ250f!! It has midrange power that pulls hard while maintaining traction in soft sand, throttle control is more important than it was on my old 250f as it spins more easily. I have not even played with any suspension clickers yet but will today. It turns awesome and it's stable, I have not felt head shake yet!

Thankyou heaps butterman! I use to have 2011 yz250f that went straight as a bullet! Currently I have a 13 rmz250 which is the opposite haha

Main thing I want is a bike that turns well and is stable on rough terrain

Thankyou heaps butterman! I use to have 2011 yz250f that went straight as a bullet! Currently I have a 13 rmz250 which is the opposite haha

Main thing I want is a bike that turns well and is stable on rough terrain

Very hard to get both. You usually have to pick one and live with the other. The new Yamy may be the closest yet to getting both in one bike. In the past you had to adjust head angle to get better turning which hurts stability. But if you centralize mass, you can improve cornering without a steeper head angle. The result should be quick handling with good stability, which is what people are reporting.

It has been a few years since I have owned a Yamaha. This new bike has me reaching for my wallet. Just waiting for a few more reviews from real world riders (offroad not MX).

It looks like it will be a great bike. Yamaha reliability and best of all, the world leading Kayaba SSS forks!!!

The extra power over previous year model YZF's makes throttle control more important, I find short shifting in loose stuff is better with less wheelspin. Did a 40 mile loop yesterday, 14/50 gearing works well in the dessert, pulling 5'th in big Arroyos my GPS showed 68 MPH and it was still pulling. The technical stuff was easier than I thought the close ratio 1'st gear would be with a 14 CS sprocket with very little clutch slipping needed. The motor really pulls decent down in the low to midrange, much better than my 06! Granted it's no 450, but it's a nice leap ahead of the previous generation's of YZ250F's!photo.php?fbid=579645805435287&l=d6316d5