2009 crf450r 70 horsepower?

Hi everyone

Just wondering. I have a friend with a 07 yzf450 and it has 72 rear wheel horsepower. It's got a 565 falicon big bore in it, pro circuit cams, you name it. It's on 15 percent nitro and methanol. It's fairly high maintenance. It runs 12.1 down the quarter as well. I have heard of 65 horsepower from crf450s but do you think 70 plus is possible from a 09 crf450? Cheers

:crazy:

Hi everyone

Just wondering. I have a friend with a 07 yzf450 and it has 72 rear wheel horsepower. It's got a 565 falicon big bore in it, pro circuit cams, you name it. It's on 15 percent nitro and methanol. It's fairly high maintenance. It runs 12.1 down the quarter as well. I have heard of 65 horsepower from crf450s but do you think 70 plus is possible from a 09 crf450? Cheers

Yes, but, I wouldn't even consider it.

The YZ is more robust for that sort of thing.

That all sounds like a bit of a stretch.. possible maybe; but not very likely.

Its possible, but unlikely with 450ccs of fur stroke. Why you would want to do it is beyond me. Most people can't even use all of a bone stock 450, how are they going to use that? If you just want that much raw power, you'd be better off going with a 500ccs two stroke.

Its possible, but unlikely with 450ccs of fur stroke. Why you would want to do it is beyond me. Most people can't even use all of a bone stock 450, how are they going to use that? If you just want that much raw power, you'd be better off going with a 500ccs two stroke.

I've never owned a 450 that I have not stage three ported and cam'd, and I don't think it's all that much power even then.

A 500cc two stroke is an ancient, over-hyped POS with a tiny powerband. Useless.

I believe Mr. hamp has achieved 68hp with stock sized valves on race gas.

75hp on methanol and nitro doesn't sound unreachable if it can stay togeather. And you don't have a rule book to follow.

Also go to a flat track race see that its 90% Honda. Because they are the easiest, cheapest and most reliable for high hp.

Hi everyone

How does a human use 70hp on a bike? :o

72 hp? I hope you plan on adding a foot to your swing arm and just going in straight lines.

What about two strokes? What year is it again? That's not worth going into. Pitiful motors from the factory? You did take note of this post being on a honda forum didn't you? It says your 18. Get some age on ya and take note of big red still firing up in one of your buddy's grandpas shed. Have fun rebuilding your 250 bro.

Having big HP is good ..IF you can transfer that to the floor .

Agreed. It's all want you want to use your bike for. Sounds like you want a strictly drag bike and in that case you need to go ahead and plan on having a money pit. That kind of mods is very very high maintenance. But if you still plan on playing in the dirt anything over 60 horses is extremely exhausting to try and control.

My bike will be used for drag racing and the odd ride at the farm which is all open land. yes I have extended swing arm by 10 inches. If I wanted a 500 I would have bought one. Does anyone know what is needed to be done to the fuel system to allow the extra flow for methanol?

That was before they had their dyno but if I talk to him again soon I'll get back to ya on the numbers it was putting down

Edited by Diggla117

I guess it erased what I said before that. I was out at currie Motorsport in reaford nc a few months ago(look em up on YouTube BIG money bikes) and they had a 09 crf450 he was working on for a kid. I asked him about a high compression piston and he said you get most of your hp's out of head work and the cam. The bike had a extended swing arm and a drag pipe and when that thing cranked up... Wow. You couldn't pay me to take off on that bike. He said it was already outrunning street bikes at the track. ANYWAYS he said he'd loose power if he switched it to methanol. He ran that fuel that was premixed with nitrous. I'm not sure what else he did, bore kit or what but that bike was the truth. If you decide to build it, take some pics and keep us updated!

Do you know what that fuel is called?

I've thought about taking photos and posting a build thread. I'll see. Most would just bag it out anyway

Do you know what that fuel is called?

I've thought about taking photos and posting a build thread. I'll see. Most would just bag it out anyway

Nah dude. F em. It's always cool seeing for far somebody can take these things. I don't know what it's called but he did tell me that the fuel in it is actually 87. Which is crazy but I guess mixed with the nitrous it makes the perfect combo. To answer your original question it was just a reg gas line. Look em up on Google, call and ask to speak to Sean. I'd wait three or four hours. Let him get goin n all. Cool ass dude. Just ask for a minute of his time n ask him whatever. I've heard some of the guys be builds bikes for bet 20,000 on a single drag so he knows what he's talking about.

I've never owned a 450 that I have not stage three ported and cam'd, and I don't think it's all that much power even then.

A 500cc two stroke is an ancient, over-hyped POS with a tiny powerband. Useless.

What type of riding are you talking about when you say a 450 aint that much power? Wide open desert riding i could see a 450 being "underpowered" i guess. But in the tight woods of the east coast or any MX track they are more power than anyone could ever "need". Very few men in the world can use every stoke of HP that these newer 450s offer on a MX track and those men are or have drawn a paycheck on a dirtbike at some point

67 hp, 39 ft.lbs. is very achievable. in flattrack, a good motor makes 62- 67 hp and you don't need much more. the '09 with the big throttle body will make the most hp out of fuel injected models. my '06 makes 63.7 hp and 41.3 ft.lbs. and it's hindered by a heavy crank.

67 hp, 39 ft.lbs. is very achievable. in flattrack, a good motor makes 62- 67 hp and you don't need much more. the '09 with the big throttle body will make the most hp out of fuel injected models. my '06 makes 63.7 hp and 41.3 ft.lbs. and it's hindered by a heavy crank.

Heavy crank doesn't mean much.

A jawa 500 makes 70hp with a 34mm carb. The crank weighs almost as much as a crf motor.

The heavy crank may be harder to accelerate on the power stroke but it stores energy nicely for the other strokes

Nah dude. F em. It's always cool seeing for far somebody can take these things. I don't know what it's called but he did tell me that the fuel in it is actually 87. Which is crazy but I guess mixed with the nitrous it makes the perfect combo. To answer your original question it was just a reg gas line. Look em up on Google, call and ask to speak to Sean. I'd wait three or four hours. Let him get goin n all. Cool ass dude. Just ask for a minute of his time n ask him whatever. I've heard some of the guys be builds bikes for bet 20,000 on a single drag so he knows what he's talking about.

Gas mixed with nitrous... Hmm.

Loosing power with methanol hmmm.

Are you sure it wasn't gas mixed with nitropropane or nitromethane?