Clutch issues!

Once the bike is hot the clutch has no affect really on the bike its hard to change gear and when im at the lights i can hear it dragging badly everything is adjusted correclty , the bike is fine when cold! But like i said the clutch seem not wanting to disenage when warm :/ any ideas? Also did notice the friction pads are burnt would that cause the issue? Or it must be a lack of oil in the clutch? (Oil levels are fine though)

It's something that should be done every now and then, to take apart the plates and discs and clean or replace as needed. It's really quite easy to do, and what you describe suggests it's also high time you did it. Luckily also, Suzuki made access to those parts very easy.

• Like 1

Once the bike is hot the clutch has no affect really on the bike its hard to change gear and when im at the lights i can hear it dragging badly everything is adjusted correclty , the bike is fine when cold! But like i said the clutch seem not wanting to disenage when warm :/ any ideas? Also did notice the friction pads are burnt would that cause the issue? Or it must be a lack of oil in the clutch? (Oil levels are fine though)

how old is your clutch cable ? when they get worn badly i've seen all kinds of odd behavior, then, at the least possibly convenient time - 

SNAP ! 

if the clutch cable is brand new then i wouldn't think it is that, unless it was rubbing really badly someplace.

When you are inspecting the clutch plates be REALLY careful putting the (I think there are 6) allen screws that hold the springs back on.  I had a similar problem awhile back so i decided to inspect the plates and upon reinstalling them i managed to snap the head of one of the bolts right off :smashpc: . was not fun getting it out! 

My problem ended up being the clutch cable after all though.  I had inspected and adjusted it but not close enough :bonk:

Its brand new i brought it last week i think an oem one ? ill fiddle with it may be i need to adjust it further out when its cold it be terrible but once its warm it be fine?

if the cable is new, i'd imagine it's just not adjusted proper. you need to have enough slack at the lever it won't engage partially, or you'll end up with a condition similar to what you're seeing. 

the hot vs cold part has me wondering though.