2014-17 YZ450F Picture thread! Share yours!

Big thanks to cas747!

1412090102804.jpg

1412090119779.jpg

1412090151707.jpg

Big thanks to cas747!

Hey bud your welcome enjoy.

Big thanks to cas747!

What are we looking at that wasnt there before?

exhaust

His exhaust I think ? Can't decide btwn the yoshi or the 4.1fmf

Here's mine

The only thing I have put on is a Pro Circuit lowering link, GYTR fill cap, and magnetic drain plug. Oh and the stopper assembly for piece of mind.

Stopper assembly?

Stopper assembly?

A lot of 250's had the shift stopper bearing outer race break and have the metal balls in their bottom end. The 14' 450's have the same part number as the 250. I have NOT heard of a 450's breaking but I wasn't going to find out. For the 2015 yamaha put the replacement I now have in mine with a bushing rather than a bearing.

A lot of 250's had the shift stopper bearing outer race break and have the metal balls in their bottom end. The 14' 450's have the same part number as the 250. I have NOT heard of a 450's breaking but I wasn't going to find out. For the 2015 yamaha put the replacement I now have in mine with a bushing rather than a bearing.

Thanks for the info! I only knew about the water pump on the 250s going out.

Thanks for the info! I only knew about the water pump on the 250s going out.

I have seen the water pump issue come many times. A lot of word was going around that our bikes might have the same impeller. I do not believe this ended up being the case but I have not removed mine to know 100%.

I have seen the water pump issue come many times. A lot of word was going around that our bikes might have the same impeller. I do not believe this ended up being the case but I have not removed mine to know 100%.

for the 14' 450's water impeller part number is different than the 250's but they do share the same part number for the stopper assembly. Edited by yzUSMCf

Too much discussion for a picture thread.... :naughty:

Just a quick Instagram pic from after a ride the other day after I washed her up.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412207190.662459.jpg

And after an oil change today I remember people posting about relocating their gas vent hose so I went ahead and did it. Looks soo much cleaner

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412207317.544992.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1412207341.812078.jpg

Wow that's a fair few hours I've only got 9.8 on mine lol with the breather relocation thing is it done just how it looks like you just still a hole in either side of the airbox cover?? Use it annoying when refueling do you have to disconnect it from the fuel cap??

I just pull mine through the air box a little while re fueling and it doesn't bug me

Something to do this weekend

18C5626B-834B-4C11-9E22-A1E97A3D5E2D_zps

Mine is slimming down.

1412282011550.jpg

Mine is slimming down.

share how you mount the air box cover to the scoops?

Something to do this weekend

18C5626B-834B-4C11-9E22-A1E97A3D5E2D_zps

I've been looking at these for a while now, I'll be curious to know if it eliminates the clutch drag. It would be awesome if these bikes could be started in gear! Please let us know after you get some time on it. Have fun! Edited by drtrcr400

^will do.

I've been looking at these (clutches) for a while now, I'll be curious to know if it eliminates the clutch drag. It would be awesome if these bikes could be started in gear! Please let us know after you get some time on it. Have fun!

You understand that the TorqDrive Core is a manual clutch, correct?  If you were wondering if the Rekluse auto clutch would reduce clutch drag, it doesn't.  Brand new clutch plates do, though.  As far as the TorqDrive is concerned, the only thing really different about it and the stock clutch, aside from the billet parts, is the fact that it uses a 12 & 12 plate stack, instead of the stock 8 & 7.  Since clutch drag is caused by the plates dragging against one another, I'd be very surprised to find out that particular clutch had less of it.  But, who knows?