These batteries are amazing light!

have to put a shout out to TurnTech though, super lite and one has been cranking my KTM530 over with ease for over 2 years now.

The TurnTech's refuse to die.  I have one that has been in 3 bikes since 2009 and it still works like new.  Never had a charger on it either.  One will be going in my 300rr as soon as it arrives.  Everyone should be running lithium batteries no matter what brand.  Cheapest way to lose 2 lbs. on your bike plus the performance is second to none.

and work awesome!!

I have a EarthX in my 300rr and so far so good, have to put a shout out to TurnTech though, super lite and one has been cranking my KTM530 over with ease for over 2 years now.

My Earth X is amazing!! I have flipped my bike ass over teakettle on a nasty, rocky high elevation trail (more than once) and it never failed to start. Even with the fan singing! These Lithium Ion batteries are the best thing going right now.

My Earth X is amazing!! I have flipped my bike ass over teakettle on a nasty, rocky high elevation trail (more than once) and it never failed to start. Even with the fan singing! These Lithium Ion batteries are the best thing going right now.

An AGM will do the same thing. Unless it's a wet cell battery, they all will.

I replaced my quickly failed stock battery with a Shoria 8 cell. It's a good cheaper version to the Earth-X and is easier to find. I will soon update all the bikes with one of these batteries (Shoria or Earth-X), nothing more than for the extra CCA and shelf life.

The highlights of the battery are:

1. obviously the weight.

2. comes with a 2 year full warranty

3. Has a built in battery management system (BMS) that protects the battery from over discharging (left lights on, key on, etc.)

4. The BMS protects your battery from over charge in the event that you have a bad charging system or charger.

5. The BMS balances the individual cells on the inside so you do not need a special charger for it. Your lead acid one works great!

6. If you ride 20 minutes every 6 months, you will never need to charge this battery in your dirtbike!

7. Completely nonhazardous and even recyclable like a cell phone battery. No lead or acid that can be very dangerous.

8. Turns your engine over much faster, after you install it you will see what I mean.

9. They can not freeze as it is a completely dry cell battery with zero liquid of any kind in it so if you leave your bike in an unheated area, even -70F, you will not harm the battery!

While it might not freeze they are effected by the cold as are wet cell batteries. Many people in the snowmobile sport have tried them for the weight advantage only to find out they need to be cycled a few times to get their sleds started, sometimes to no avail. I doubt many would be riding their bikes in these temps but one never knows. I've ridden my studded bikes on the lakes and rivers at -15º. For the price, I'll pass. If I was looking for the weight savings, I'd go on a diet. I could probably save twice the weight or more ? Long term storage is about the only plus I see for some. I've run AGM batteries in my bikes, sleds and jet skis and get between 5-6 years out of them.