Sign in to follow this  

Flooring options for my new 6X12 trailer

I was looking at all the posts trying to decide what would work best to potect or coat my wood floor and ramp door. I was looking at Line-x but up here  they are $14/sqft, way too pricey.

What are some other options? what is everyone having success with?

I want something durable and not slippery.

Thanks,

The big box stores sell an epoxy "porch paint". I don't remember who but I used some 7-8 years ago in my 6 x 12. it has held up very well and was pretty resistant to spills if you clean up quick. Important tip. don't put ANYTHING in your trailer until you coat it for the best results. 

I put down indoor carpet from menards 2 years ago.  I was skeptical how it would hold up, but for around $35 to cover my 6x12 I had to try.  IMO it is the best.  It's nice on the feet and if you use your trailer for any camping.  It is free floating, and I cut access holes for the wheel chocks, work bench, etc.  So it easily comes out without having to remove very much.  Clean up is easy,  vacuum for the light stuff and powerwash it once a year.  I will definitely use this on the next trailer.

I put down indoor carpet from menards 2 years ago.  I was skeptical how it would hold up, but for around $35 to cover my 6x12 I had to try.  IMO it is the best.  It's nice on the feet and if you use your trailer for any camping.  It is free floating, and I cut access holes for the wheel chocks, work bench, etc.  So it easily comes out without having to remove very much.  Clean up is easy,  vacuum for the light stuff and powerwash it once a year.  I will definitely use this on the next trailer.

Do you think you could post some pics? I was considering doing this to mine as well. Thanks

I was looking at a product called diamond deck from Home Depot, anyone used it?

Well, Line-X here in Calgary quoted me $17/sqft, but I found a Armadillo dealer here in town and they quoted me $7/sqft. so I went with them. the first pass didnt turn out so good so they are redoing it right now, hopefully it works out.