Odd wreck - never even heard of before

So, about 2 weeks ago, I had the worse wreck of my 35+ years off roading. I was running down a high speed section on a MX track and was torpedoed by Bambi. He must of hit me in the rear quarter, because I never saw him. I only know this because when my buddy went to retrieve my bike, a deer got up from the ditch next to the bike and crawled off. I've never heard of such an indecent, and was just wondering if anyone else had.

My buddy got taken out by a deer that jumped in front of him on a road transfer section. He got a concussion out of the deal.

I have had more than a dozen close calls with deer and elk running along side of me and jumping out/crossing the trail, but have never actually hit one.

Seen gopro videos of people getting hit by deer but I've only seen it on roads and wide open dirt/fire roads. Thats weird that it happened on a mx track. How did you come out of the crash? Hope your alright I hope I never have a run in with a deer while riding.

Broken clavicle, hand, ribs and punctured lung - it was ugly, like I said, worse one I've had

So, about 2 weeks ago, I had the worse wreck of my 35+ years off roading. I was running down a high speed section on a MX track and was torpedoed by Bambi. He must of hit me in the rear quarter, because I never saw him. I only know this because when my buddy went to retrieve my bike, a deer got up from the ditch next to the bike and crawled off. I've never heard of such an indecent, and was just wondering if anyone else had.

It is "indecent" to be hit by a deer from behind, you need to ride faster...... Hope you heal fast without too much pain.

Edited by ohio rusty spokes
  • Like 1

I hit a deer with my old yz250. I was young an dumb (15) and coming home from a drinking party about 5 miles from my house (live in the country so all back roads) I saw a car pull out behind me and I saw the red and blue flash and I hammered it, was going WFO and 2 small does ran out way ahead of me, I missed them but a small 4 point jumped out a foot ahead of me, I hit it, I flew threw the air , hit the ground then my bike hit the ground. It was ugly, I had 3 broken ribs, cracked ankle, broke my wrist and 2 fingers and got a concuson. The cop didn't see me, the bike, or the deer laying there and he passed by. I limped back to the party and had my buddy help me get my bike to the house, I slept it off(was feeling pretty good.. Aka intoxicated) and went to the hospital the next day. My bike came out with bent handlebars, broken clutch lever, a snapped brake line, and slightly bent front rim.

I hit a deer with my old yz250. I was young an dumb (15) and coming home from a drinking party about 5 miles from my house (live in the country so all back roads) I saw a car pull out behind me and I saw the red and blue flash and I hammered it, was going WFO and 2 small does ran out way ahead of me, I missed them but a small 4 point jumped out a foot ahead of me, I hit it, I flew threw the air , hit the ground then my bike hit the ground. It was ugly, I had 3 broken ribs, cracked ankle, broke my wrist and 2 fingers and got a concuson. The cop didn't see me, the bike, or the deer laying there and he passed by. I limped back to the party and had my buddy help me get my bike to the house, I slept it off(was feeling pretty good.. Aka intoxicated) and went to the hospital the next day. My bike came out with bent handlebars, broken clutch lever, a snapped brake line, and slightly bent front rim.

and that deer, well when. Hit it it died.. Flew 15 feet off the side of the road.
  • Like 1

I was racing the last two miles of an 80 mile Enduro, had a deer jump off a ledge and land on me. Hoof split my visor in two, pummeled my shoulder, bit my tongue, bloody nose, fat lip. But I still overalled my class!!

I hit a deer goin maybe 50 when I was younger and on some country backroads. Somehow I didn't snap and bones but got the nastiest road rash thinkable as I slid down the road in jeans and a cut off t-shirt. Dumb idea to be messing around on the pavement and I deffinatly paid. I still have a wrinkled up bright red scar on my elbow from it. The other scars went away and recently started growing hair again. DEER SUCK! That is unless I'm sitting in my stand on a October morning ?

I hit a deer goin maybe 50 when I was younger and on some country backroads. Somehow I didn't snap and bones but got the nastiest road rash thinkable as I slid down the road in jeans and a cut off t-shirt. Dumb idea to be messing around on the pavement and I deffinatly paid. I still have a wrinkled up bright red scar on my elbow from it. The other scars went away and recently started growing hair again. DEER SUCK! That is unless I'm sitting in my stand on a October morning ?

haha indeed! I was just out tonight, had 3 for and a big 8 point coming in but the didn't walk in close enough for me to stck an arrow into em! Tomorrow tho, he's dead!

I've got a few up there now ? but I love me some venison! I got 2 doe with the bow already this year.

Has to be a doe if you catch me eating to much of it. The old mature bucks just get to tough. Don't get me wrong I will use the meat off of my kill for something instead of leaving it all in the ditch but that's what I kill that 100 pound doe for on opening day!

Has to be a doe if you catch me eating to much of it. The old mature bucks just get to tough. Don't get me wrong I will use the meat off of my kill for something instead of leaving it all in the ditch but that's what I kill that 100 pound doe for on opening day!

yea I know what you mean, but that ole' buck makes some great bologna! I'm hoping to take him out tonight.. Well see how that goes!
  • Like 1

Last year we came off a trail onto a fire road and headed for the truck(lunch). It was dusty so my buddy stayed way back. When we get back he tells me a giant buck leaped off the embankment and tried to take me out. His timing was off a split second thank God.