Police run-ins

Just yesterday I got on the small road in front of my house to go about an eighth of a mile to some woods that I ride in, as soon as I came out of the woods and touched asphalt a game warden rounded the bend in the road. He notified me that my bike was not street legal (who knew lol) and that I better not have been riding in the empty, lifeless, field across the street that is apparently government land (I went on it once). He even told me that he better not find any ruts over there, mentally I was thinking the same thing. I live in a pretty rural area and he seemed relatively cool, however I think the fact that I was wearing full gear, putting along at walking pace, and killed the bike the moment I saw the car made a good impression. There's no sense in running because I'm pretty sure the house with the biggest yard and dirt track is a dead give away regarding where I would have gone.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, I know this thread is several years old but I have a story that happened tonight! So I was out riding my dirtbike around the neighborhood, after a bit of riding through the park I start heading back home. I came to 4 way stop and slowed down, I saw some headlights so I stopped to wait, well it turned out it was a cop, I first noticed the light bar on the roof, I was like "oh crap" and turned the corner and took off! I road back arounder the block to where the cop was and went home the long way through the maze like neighborhood! By far the scariest I've been, I don't think he even bothered with me! Cool guy! 😓

What you did just makes the police and public dislike bikers. Ride with respect if you want to be respected.

Edited by Neilw
  • Like 3

What you did just makes the police and public dislike bikers. Ride with respect if you want to be respected.

That's total BS, police and the general public hate bikers as much as possible anyway, it literally doesn't matter what you do. You could be the most polite and considerate person in the world, once you get on a dirt bike you might as well drink the blood of their first born and shit on their lawn.
  • Like 12

20 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

That's total BS, police and the general public hate bikers as much as possible anyway, it literally doesn't matter what you do. You could be the most polite and considerate person in the world, once you get on a dirt bike you might as well drink the blood of their first born and shit on their lawn.

Not true , i always ride really slow when meeting ppl  and always raise my hand like a thank you/respect and noticed a big difference in smiles and respect back.

Now i dont ride street much but it happends when i go woods riding with my KX450F and i try to ride on the road and not sidewalks and ALWAYS ride tespectfully.

Edited by skorpan777
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

That’s total BS.  Police don’t generally hate bikers, they just hate egocentric little punks who think they can ride their dirt bikes anyplace they want, regardless of the law, and then run when they are caught.  And there is a large segment of the population that really doesn’t have much of an opinion on dirt bikes.  That is until they come across some idiot riding his dirt bike wherever he pleases, causing a nuisance.  Then they will establish an opinion, and not a positive one.  Dane needs to grow up and start acting like a responsible member of society.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gflo said:

That’s total BS.  Police don’t generally hate bikers, they just hate egocentric little punks who think they can ride their dirt bikes anyplace they want, regardless of the law, and then run when they are caught.  And there is a large segment of the population that really doesn’t have much of an opinion on dirt bikes.  That is until they come across some idiot riding his dirt bike wherever he pleases, causing a nuisance.  Then they will establish an opinion, and not a positive one.  Dane needs to grow up and start acting like a responsible member of society.

Exactly. Well said.

• Like 1

Nah, ask people, they think we're all maniacs. As for Dane, he should enjoy the immunity from real trouble right up to the minute of his 18th birthday. Plenty of time to be a compulsive authority slave later.
  • Like 4

I generally don't find that people hate dirt bikes, but most do think that I'm nutz for riding them. Of course, they don't think 2x about getting on a crowded highway and doing 80 not much more than a car length behind the guy in front of them. But, such is life....

I ran from the po on my YZ125 when I was a young lad. He didn't have a chance. Where I grew up, so many escape routes. But, wouldn't do it now. Well,  I sort of did last summer though. Me and buddy rented a couple of ADV bikes to ride up the Columbia River Gorge. On one scenic stop, we popped over a curb to park in the dirt. On our way back to the bikes, just as we were getting ready to leave, on the bluetooth headset, my buddy says, " I think we pissed of Ranger Rick parking here." So, I hit the ebutton and rode off, acting like I didn't see him running across the parking lot waving at us. But, he didn't give chase. He just wanted to scold us and honestly, I wasn't up for a lecture about parking on some dirt. I guess he needed to feel like he was doing his job.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Gflo said:

I'm sure you've done stuff like this when you were young.or were you not even alowwed to leave the house without holding your mommy's hand! Are you the type that calls the cops on every little thing!? I'm just a teenager enjoying my freedom while it lasts! As soon as I get myself my drivers license I will drive myself to the desert to ride, but for now it's the nighborhood, I don't care what people like you think! You can go sUK one for all I care!

Edited by Dane Richardson

18 hours ago, Neilw said:

I am generally respectful I slow and stop for all cars and I ride in the side of the street it's not like I ride in car lanes! I was riding a xr100 so it's not like it's going to bother anyone! And what did you expect,me to stop for the cop! NO WAY am I going to give myself up and get in trouble when I can just leave!

• Like 1

I generally don't find that people hate dirt bikes, but most do think that I'm nutz for riding them. Of course, they don't think 2x about getting on a crowded highway and doing 80 not much more than a car length behind the guy in front of them. But, such is life....
I ran from the po on my YZ125 when I was a young lad. He didn't have a chance. Where I grew up, so many escape routes. But, wouldn't do it now. Well,  I sort of did last summer though. Me and buddy rented a couple of ADV bikes to ride up the Columbia River Gorge. On one scenic stop, we popped over a curb to park in the dirt. On our way back to the bikes, just as we were getting ready to leave, on the bluetooth headset, my buddy says, " I think we pissed of Ranger Rick parking here." So, I hit the ebutton and rode off, acting like I didn't see him running across the parking lot waving at us. But, he didn't give chase. He just wanted to scold us and honestly, I wasn't up for a lecture about parking on some dirt. I guess he needed to feel like he was doing his job.

See, that's my problem, having lived in Oregon all my life. This place is absolutely overrun with do gooders, nosey Nellies, snitches and glorified hall monitors masquerading as The Law. So maybe my perspective is jaded, but my 26 years of riding experience in this place is that, like most terrorists, the run of the mill enviroweenie citizen absolutely hates my motorcycling anywhere at any time.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Dane Richardson said:

I'm sure you've done stuff like this when you were young.or were you not even alowwed to leave the house without holding your mommy's hand! Are you the type that calls the cops on every little thing!? I'm just a teenager enjoying my freedom while it lasts! As soon as I get myself my drivers license I will drive myself to the desert to ride, but for now it's the nighborhood, I don't care what people like you think! You can go sUK one for all I care!

Very mature response, Dane.  Yes, I did some things when I was young that weren’t right.  I also used to crap my pants when I was a toddler.  But I grew out of all that.  And the sooner you do, the better off you, and the rest of the people you are in contact with, will be. Have a little respect.  And no, I don’t call the cops on every little things.  I was the one people called to handle their problems, and to deal with children like you, who are “just enjoying my freedom”, often at the expense of others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dane Richardson said:

Just out of curiosity how old are you?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gflo said:

Very mature response, Dane.  Yes, I did some things when I was young that weren’t right.  I also used to crap my pants when I was a toddler.  But I grew out of all that.  And the sooner you do, the better off you, and the rest of the people you are in contact with, will be. Have a little respect.  And no, I don’t call the cops on every little things.  I was the one people called to handle their problems, and to deal with children like you, who are “just enjoying my freedom”, often at the expense of others.

Tell me how I'm enjoying my freedom at the expense of others?

3 minutes ago, Dane Richardson said:

Tell me how I'm enjoying my freedom at the expense of others?

Let’s see.  How about riding your bike through a public park at night, without lights, with the potential of running over someone legally enjoying the park.  Knobby tires and parkland doesn’t mix well, and undoubtedly left some level of damage.  Endangering people by running from the cops through an established neighborhood at night without a headlight.  Disturbing the peace of the folks in your neighborhood by the reckless operation of your dirt bike.  And using your neighborhood as your primary, or only, dirt bike riding area.  I bet your neighbors just love experiencing you enjoying your freedoms.  I could go on, but I doubt it would do any good.  I am just thankful I don’t live in your neighborhood.  I am sure you are as well.