Sign in to follow this  

Has anybody ever taken their helmet and riding boots on an airplane?

This might be a dumb question, just want to make sure?   :D

This might be a dumb question, just want to make sure?  

( can you take them on an air plain)

never have, but i dont see why,  theyre just boots and a helmet,i know plenty of people whobring sports equipment on planes for sport tournaments and things like that, if they ask what they are just explain, theres a good probability one of the TSA officers there rides

• Like 1

Yeah, just expect to have the bag, boots, and helmet thoroughly examined by the security folks.  Last time I did it they had to hold the plane for me because the TSA folks had to go through EVERYTHING to make sure I didn't  have any explosives hiding somewhere :lame:

• Like 1

Just wear it on the plane and you won't have to worry about it.

I'm just going to get myself a t-shirt that says "don't worry, you can trust me.  I work for the government."

• Like 3

On the plus side when your helmet is going through the x-ray you can sneak a peek to make sure it's doesn't have any internal damage 👍

• Like 5

Im going to be going out to texas in february. I might just mail my stuff out to texas before leaving so I dont have to worry about the hassle of everything. It should be fine to bring it bit like said above it might br a little more of a pain.

• Like 1

Are you talking about putting it in a checked bag or your carry on bag?

Checked bag is easy.  Done it many times.  Remove the visor from the helmet so it doesn't get broken off.  I have packed all my riding gear in 1 medium sized suitcase.

Carry on bag will be a bit of a hassle.

For the guy who said mail it, mailing your gear might be more expensive than the usual $25 checked baggage fee.

• Like 2

Beat me to it. I think you should probably wear all of you gear.......

I've taken my helmet on an airplane to Florida. Took it on as a carry on. My boots I put in my check in bag. No problems at all.

• Like 1

I went to across the country with all my riding gear in an army bag with lots of bubble packing around my helmet.

Only problem was that I looked like a homeless man lugging it all around an airport.

Edited by Yz4481f
  • Like 1

They would not let us do carry on with a mx helmet when we were going into Philippines. We had to check it into baggage. Also another rider was had carrying a rear shock spring and was told he had to check it into baggage. Asked for an explanation and they said it could be used as a weapon to take over the plane etc.

Told my guys , Next time I' really going to screw with them and Mount the spring on top of the Helmet so to give them double trouble.........

Al

• Like 1

They would not let us do carry on with a mx helmet when we were going into Philippines. We had to check it into baggage. Also another rider was had carrying a rear shock spring and was told he had to check it into baggage. Asked for an explanation and they said it could be used as a weapon to take over the plane etc.

Told my guys , Next time I' really going to screw with them and Mount the spring on top of the Helmet so to give them double trouble.........

Al

Funny.........

ive done it going to LV once. checked the bag in no prob. brought a whole set of riding gear/

ive done it going to LV once. checked the bag in no prob. brought a whole set of riding gear/

Did you have to pay for oversized or heavy luggage fees?

A guy got on the bus yesterday wearing his full gear, helmet and everything. He just got on, sat down, and nobody even gave him a second look. Only in Eugene, Oregon!