brake pads

so I am looking to buy new pads and i always buy online because there is better deals. My question when u see the pads online they all dnt look the same but say they fit a drz 400 2001, is this just because of the pic or do all those different shaped pads actually fit in to the caliper ? thxs

so I am looking to buy new pads and i always buy online because there is better deals. My question when u see the pads online they all dnt look the same but say they fit a drz 400 2001, is this just because of the pic or do all those different shaped pads actually fit in to the caliper ? thxs

a lot of places use the same picture. they should send you the right pads even if they dont look anything like the picture online...

• Like 1

..SM is different rear

?? I assume you're implying a difference in compound?  Because fitment is the same, all year, all model .

If so, what are you seeing as a difference in compound?  and is it based on OEM PN? or some other reference? 

OEM PN for ALL DRZ rear brake pads is 69100-36850 far as I can tell... and of the dozens I've worked on, all have been the same brake pad.. Yes the SM uses a different caliper, but the pad is identical for the US models far as I can tell.  What have you seen that is different?

Thanks

• Like 1

Unless you're doing laps on a track and need ultimate fade resistance.. try the CRF master cylinder swap and some basic organic pads (In an EBC that would be the "Carbon based" FA131x). 

Easy on the rotors and give GREAT feedback and feel, the only down side is of your hauling the bike down at the braking markers corner after corner, you will glaze um for sure. 

?? I assume you're implying a difference in compound?  Because fitment is the same, all year, all model .

If so, what are you seeing as a difference in compound?  and is it based on OEM PN? or some other reference? 

OEM PN for ALL DRZ rear brake pads is 69100-36850 far as I can tell... and of the dozens I've worked on, all have been the same brake pad.. Yes the SM uses a different caliper, but the pad is identical for the US models far as I can tell.  What have you seen that is different?

Thanks

Whoops.....I have been a very bad boy..lol....I know the SM uses a different caliper so assumed (without checking part numbers..) it uses a different pad....

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys...i still have oem pads in and i haven't had a problem just making sure they didnt suck when they get warm

the days of OEM pads being crap are long gone (was true in the 70's and 80's)

In fact the OEM pads are as good as anything out there

OEM pads are usually kindest to your disc, and also last the longest

Downside is usually price, with them being up to x2 the cost of the aftermaket pads