Sign in to follow this  

Beta OEM vs. FMF pipe

LOL

impressive....to say the least..

here is the vid..

I asked a question on your other pipe guard compare vid as well.

HR

you can it won't hurt a thing. That's kinda why we use the ceramic tape closest to the head so it doesn't rest on the pipe.
  • Like 1

Sure, but until the force of a hit on a CF guarded pipe can be transferred to the frame/skid plate, you will bend/kink the header section and possibly break the exhaust flange. I would love to see you guys design in an attachment structure of some type, that could be attached to an alloy skidplate with some universal brackets. Then the pipe test will carry some real weight.

Sure, but until the force of a hit on a CF guarded pipe can be transferred to the frame/skid plate, you will bend/kink the header section and possibly break the exhaust flange. I would love to see you guys design in an attachment structure of some type, that could be attached to an alloy skidplate with some universal brackets. Then the pipe test will carry some real weight.

nothing is indestructible and yes it may dent the pipe a little. But that would be the difference in having a totally smashed pipe and possibly not finishing a ride and having to buy a new pipe. Or a pipe you can pop a dent out on your own and buying no pipe at all.

Try the same thing we just did with another popular carbon guard and let me know what the outcome is.

I haven't tried both I USE both and can tell you there is no comparison between the two products the P3 is stronger bigger beefier in every aspect,In the Colorado rocks the skid plate is hands down the one I want! I would love to not use protection!!!, , IFFFFF ,,,,I could just keep from crashing??Any Ideas or tips for me???

Edited by JimCamp

No argument there, I've had yours and the other popular brand in the past. Its the best of its type. It's just a design/use philosophy of any independent CF guard vs. an integrated one like the Hyde or Force. The energy of a hit has to go somewhere, it does not get absorbed. Weak link will fail first and from experience its the header that kinks shut or creased to the point of being very difficult to repair for proper alignment. On bikes like the Beta and KTMs this is of more concern considering the soft alloy female spigot, vs. a male steel one like on a GG or the new Sherco. This is a somewhat common discussion point on various forums. BTW that Force guard clears enough to fit your guard if desired for smaller dent/ding protection on the higher areas of the pipe..

Have you considered an adaptable design? I've seen them modded as such but as you know for strength the mounts would have to be part of the design.

I agree with you! The weak spot on any two stroke pipe is the spigot and the first Elbow, I have crashed hard enough that the pipe stays intact but collapses the first elbow,, not so much lately as my KTM's starters keeps the pipe from folding around the frame! So KTM has a brace!LOl but yes. I have been thinking of some way to incorporate a skid plate and the pipe guard and make it strong! Colorado riding takes its toll on my pipes, so much so that I have 2 spares in the trailer and 1 on the way to or from Pacific crest all summer , makes a case for a 4 stroke,,,nottttt!been there done that!

I have had great luck with the Hyde guards. Lots of rocks here where I ride, many wet, covered in mud, moss, and plenty of logs to. The plastic tends to slide over and not bite on contact, even in a fall. Same pipe on a GG for several years! Problem is they pack with mud and are a PIA to R&R. The Force is a one bolt operation. Harescrambles are less technical so less of a problem. Most common solution is to have a couple pipes, run without a guard, and repair as needed. Less chance of exhaust flange damage as well.

I cant remember ever hitting the front of the pipe for me I am always laying it down on the let side for some strange reason so its more of a bend at the head pipe as I was saying so a plate that covers the pipe would have limited protection for my riding in the Up,,, now colorado ,, wrap the whole bike top to bottom in CF!

Edited by JimCamp

Yes, Beta Austrailia. They have exclusive distribution of the Force guard for Beta, you can't buy from Force.

Sure, I'll be ordering mine today.  Shipping is a killer $72(to NJ) though!  I just look at pics of  my two previous Hyde combo guards on my GGs and I know it will pay for itself.

Sure, I'll be ordering mine today.  Shipping is a killer $72(to NJ) though!  I just look at pics of  my two previous Hyde combo guards on my GGs and I know it will pay for itself.

I've used Force product's for my GG's in the past. Very good quality. I'm looking forward to your reviews Glen!  U might not have to buy another pipe again!

At $480 for a stocker I hope not! I'll pick up a Fatty for a spare or maybe wait and see what the Pro Circuit pipe looks like.