Central Illinois Thread

Just heard that Sandridge Forest, which is around 5000 acres outside of Manito,IL might be opened up for dirtbike use. I haven't been able to confirm this on the IL DNR site yet. I was notified by several people that have land that butts up against the forest.

Ya seriously let us know what you find out!!!!!!!

Hope the Sand Ridge rumor is true... That would be killer! Back in the 80's Used to ride east of there, outside of green valley.

Was called "Devils Neck", Lotsa fun sugar sand. Was a great place to ride in the winter, summer-

not so much.

think I may have rode there a few times 15 or so years ago if its the same place it looks like people still ride there from whaat I see on google maps

think I may have rode there a few times 15 or so years ago if its the same place it looks like people still ride there from whaat I see on google maps

Stopped there on way home from a aborted riding trip in Pekin about 13 years ago, new house's very close to track, (I rode there 1982-1990)we stopped at a house w/horse barn and a guy came out and said "no riding" he was cool about it and didn't own the land, but knew who did, liability was the issue, he was amazed at "how many people showed up from all over the state to ride". We figured he didn't want his horse's spooked by dirtbikes.

I do remember hearing about a quad rider airlifted out in early nineties-that'll ruin it fer sure.

Feel like I dropped the ball yesterday.

Stopped at casey's in San Jose yesterday on way home from dirtbike church, was in line behind a guy with Dept. of conservation outfit on, didn't think of asking him about Sand Ridge until I was walking to my truck and he was pulling away.

I think my next day off I'll call over there and see what they have to say.

Hi guys.  Near Bloomington, here.  I ride Tilton almost every weekend.  I'm 45, married, WR450.  My daughter  (18) rides with me sometimes on her KX100. 

There is a members only park in Oakley, IL near Decatur.  It's $75 per year and you get a key to the gate.  You need to work a few hours per year to qualify for renewal, but it has lots of woods and a little motocross track too.

Tonight is the last meeting this year to sign up.  The meeting is at the park at 7pm tonight.  (short notice, but I didn't see this thread until just now.)

Web site.http://dirt-rider.org/

I'm up for Brushy ridge, Tilton, South fork, Waveland IN, Oakley, farm fields, ditches, front yard.  I don't care, I just like to ride.

vehicles-216101-1367264473.jpg

Edited by DrFeelGood

I'm thinking about St Joe in MO the weekend of Apr 12th. Possibly Badlands on Apr 27. DrFeelGood I am in Bloomington as well. I have not been to Brushy Ridge in a few years but would be willing to give a shot. I'm 44 and have a WR 450 as well. My 20 and 17 year old sons ride with me when they are not busy doing whatever kids that age do. Anyone who wants to get together let me know.

Sean

Hi guys. Near Bloomington, here. I ride Tilton almost every weekend. I'm 45, married, WR450. My daughter (18) rides with me sometimes on her KX100.

There is a members only park in Oakley, IL near Decatur. It's $75 per year and you get a key to the gate. You need to work a few hours per year to qualify for renewal, but it has lots of woods and a little motocross track too.

Tonight is the last meeting this year to sign up. The meeting is at the park at 7pm tonight. (short notice, but I didn't see this thread until just now.)

Web site.http://dirt-rider.org/

I'm up for Brushy ridge, Tilton, South fork, Waveland IN, Oakley, farm fields, ditches, front yard. I don't care, I just like to ride.

vehicles-216101-1367264473.jpg

Shit I would have loved to seen this before!!!!! I'm from decatur and ride pass Oakley dirt riders all the time! But the website said you need a sponsor to even apply and I didn't know anyone :( my Drz would have loved it there!

Shit I would have loved to seen this before!!!!! I'm from decatur and ride pass Oakley dirt riders all the time! But the website said you need a sponsor to even apply and I didn't know anyone :( my Drz would have loved it there!

Now you do!! I'll bet that you can still get in. Let me make a call. I'll PM you later with more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow never again! I planned to go to south fork tm to ride some trails and track with a buddy only to find out they are having a truck mudfest! The people who took over the other half of that place are losers! Not only do they ruin the park by making it a truck park More now but they neglect the tracks (that they haven't torn out) just so a bunch of 16 year olds in their parent vehicles and drunk middle age guys can act like dipshits! And I do know they don't patroll the drinking because I know a guy who was blasted last year and did the truck tugs! It's a shame they ruined a decent park

I'm from Lincoln (just north of Springfield) on a kx 450f, I love enduro/off-road. Not much experience on an mx track. I have a couple hare scrambles under my belt though. What is your guys' favorite place to ride in illinois? Went to St. joe a few weeks ago and it was a blast!

Where can you ride in StJoesph? My favorite woods riding is Oakley Dirt Riders near Decatur. Private, but once you go to a monthly meeting and join you get a key to the gate. You have to plan ahead to join because it is not open for new members all 12 months. I don't remember, but I think June-Sept the new membership is closed.

• Like 1