Sign in to follow this  

Ice bike tires.

Get 2 big c clamps and about ten spoons to mount one. I dont think your going to find a video on making ft tires. No one is going to give out their secrets. Ft tire is key to if the bike handles right on the ice. ED11 ft and kenda ice rear is what everyone is running.  Honestly if your going to be making them its going to take awhile and after you buy kold kutter 1" screws (1300 for the back tire and about 650 for the ft) a ft and rear tire, two liners your almost at the price of just buying professionally made tires. Your looking at:

$85x2 for 2 1000 packs of screws

$54x2 for 2 tire liners

$100 for a kenda rear

$75 for a ED11 Ft

So $450 ish plus shipping and tax. Also keep in mind you will have about 5 hours into making the rear and about 2 hours making the ft. The only reason i say this is because i was considering making some for this year and wound up just buying a set. If you wind up waiting till the end of the season i will have one maybe 2 used sets for sale made by Pickett. 

Tech care in Waterford Mi has them for 600 bucks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/703-KOLD-KUTTER-ICE-TIRE-SET-WITH-LINERS-MOOSE-RACING-COVERS-KENDA-BRIDGESTONE-/111190279553?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e3750581&vxp=mtr I am sure they would do better if you just called them up, ebay gets 10 percent these days. 

Edited by racerx_217

Get 2 big c clamps and about ten spoons to mount one. I dont think your going to find a video on making ft tires. No one is going to give out their secrets. Ft tire is key to if the bike handles right on the ice. ED11 ft and kenda ice rear is what everyone is running. Honestly if your going to be making them its going to take awhile and after you buy kold kutter 1" screws (1300 for the back tire and about 650 for the ft) a ft and rear tire, two liners your almost at the price of just buying professionally made tires. Your looking at:

$85x2 for 2 1000 packs of screws

$54x2 for 2 tire liners

$100 for a kenda rear

$75 for a ED11 Ft

So $450 ish plus shipping and tax. Also keep in mind you will have about 5 hours into making the rear and about 2 hours making the ft. The only reason i say this is because i was considering making some for this year and wound up just buying a set. If you wind up waiting till the end of the season i will have one maybe 2 used sets for sale made by Pickett.

Tech care in Waterford Mi has them for 600 bucks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/703-KOLD-KUTTER-ICE-TIRE-SET-WITH-LINERS-MOOSE-RACING-COVERS-KENDA-BRIDGESTONE-/111190279553?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e3750581&vxp=mtr I am sure they would do better if you just called them up, ebay gets 10 percent these days.

You really won't get them any cheaper. ..I get mine right from Pickett and he charges $575. They're worth it though. ... they stick like glue

If you just want to try it out, I have used shorter gold screws and no liners.

Slime your tubes and you should get a few rides out of them.

Nothing hooks up like a dirt bike with screws on ice. It's amazing.

There are guys up here (alaska) that use enduro tires and liners for racing.

If you just want to try it, screws and slime will work for a while.