Sign in to follow this  

Truck wiring

Just installed a P.A speaker where the audio is controlled by the cb and ampflication comes from the battery. Great speaker very loud. The only problem is it still draws power from the battery even though the truck is off, and from where the speaker is mounted the cable can not reach the fuse box. I was wondering if there were any options such as pulling the fuse on the wire installing a relay to turn off my battery inside the cab or should I just let it be because I still have juice to start in the morning. 

If I understand what you are saying, there is a speaker, a CB and an AMP? If this is the case, put a toggle switch on the amp, or wire the amp through the fuse box.

If you have a speaker that has an internal amp, add a length of wire to the power (+) side of the speaker and run it through the Aux post on the fuse box.

ok ya the speaker has a internal amp so Ill probably tie the wire to the positive to the fuse box thanks for the help

You could extend the wire to reach teh fuse box with a couple butt connectors.

If you install a switch on the amp hot wire coming from the battery, install an inline fuse holder as well.